Thread: Competition Mode/Active handling/Traction Control

Default Competition Mode/Active handling/Traction Control

On the 99 Vette's, Competition mode can only be activated by being stopped and holding the TCS button in for 5 seconds, would changing to a later model OS (or custom OS) change this? I am not sure which years it could be done while moving?

I beleive the Comp mode made active handling come on, and traction control off.
    1999 C5 A-4 Convertible
    1 of 245 Nassua Blue 99 Vert's, Blackwing, LS6 Intake, 42 # Injectors, Two Stage Nitrous System- Dry and a Wet Plate, EFI Live Scan/Tune V2, 1999 PCM with 2002 COS 5 OS Custom Nitrous Panel.

Maine USA

Something tells me there's some other module that controls it (EBTCM?). I'll go for a spin tomorrow and report back. I have a 1999 Vette with Active Handling, and I am running the 2002 OS. I'm 99% sure 2001 and later can activate Competition Mode while rolling.
    2008 Corvette Z06 - Stock until warrnty expires

Quote Originally Posted by Beer99C5
    On the 99 Vette's, Competition mode can only be activated by being stopped and holding the TCS button in for 5 seconds, would changing to a later model OS (or custom OS) change this? I am not sure which years it could be done while moving?

I beleive the Comp mode made active handling come on, and traction control off.
    I don't believe new operating system will make any difference, trac control and active handling don't reside in the PCM.
    They are both active every time you start the car, quick touch of button turns off both and the stopped 5 sec delay turns off trac control but leaves active handling on.
    I'm running a COS3 in a 2000 C5 and the button works as stock.
    Now take off that clown suit and get back to work.
    Y2K C5, M6, LS6 intake, Kooks LT headers, High flow cats, 216/224 113 LSA, 5.3 Stage II heads. STS twins. COS

Quote Originally Posted by purrvert
    Now take off that clown suit and get back to work.
    Roger that, gotta call Subsea (I noticed your occupation ) to pressure up the fluid bearing to turn so we can get the sun out of the eyes of the drillers (Dual Activity )...followed by the company man complaining the ride is to rough because we are no longer into the envirionment

Thanks for the heads up, was hoping to be able to manipulate the AH but I can live with it as it is.
    1999 C5 A-4 Convertible
    1 of 245 Nassua Blue 99 Vert's, Blackwing, LS6 Intake, 42 # Injectors, Two Stage Nitrous System- Dry and a Wet Plate, EFI Live Scan/Tune V2, 1999 PCM with 2002 COS 5 OS Custom Nitrous Panel.

Maine USA