Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: V2 Capabilities out of the box?

Quote Originally Posted by Garry
    EFILive doesn't use up a license until you actually PROGRAM the PCM ... at least on V1 ... so you can read the setup from as many cars as you wish ...
    Yup - another fine feature of EFILive

Yeh you cant start the read in HPT until you license if car is locked then maybe it might give you back an unlocked license ..

Guys i honestly don’t know whats all the hype about cos when I got HPT i couldn't believe it, the software looked old cascading windows and all you have to do a lot more clicking also the scanner and gauges need a lot more improvements OH almost forgot about the hardware you get this really heavy gauge cable that you cant bend easily and on the interface on one side it has a screw in connector like EFI but on the other side of interface its a slide in connector that keeps falling off ….that freaked me out cos I don’t want that to happen in the middle of uploading a tune had to tape it to the interface..

I hope both EFI and HPT do well and keep improving I have been using both but i think ill stick with EFI

Whats great is when you read a car with HPtuners, waste the credits and everything only for the software to tell you definition file failed to load. Then you got to email support only to have a email come back "update on your login page" short, sweet, and leaving you to wonder if they addressed your problem or some other problem.

What they fail to realize is that this has happend to me almost 10 times now and probally at least 6 of those times the customer has come to me from a long ways away.. And 2 of them even had to come to me twice before the software was actually fixed.

Very frustrating.. but its somethign I have to deal with unfortunately because EFIlive doesn't support as many vehicles as Hptuners.

Lifetime Member

I look at it this way (never used HPTuners, EFILive only), EFILive is awesome at its focused group and HPTuners is good at more, but not awesome like EFILive. Since my I6 TB is supported by EFILive, I wouldnt even look at HPTuners, but for others who need to be able to tune more models, it is the way to go.

I would rather have a tool that does what I want really well than a tool that does a lot of things decently well.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

BTW, any ETA on LS1 stand alone logging?

MRK

When do we get standalone logging and flashing?

Quote Originally Posted by JakeGMCHD
    When do we get standalone logging and flashing?
    I think the word is early 2007.

Just out of curiosity, is there any chance a future firmware upgrade might add the ability to pull OBDII codes from vehichles other than GM?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281
    Just out of curiosity, is there any chance a future firmware upgrade might add the ability to pull OBDII codes from vehichles other than GM?
    I think this would be awesome, but for now I want standalone logging and tuning more!

In the future though (maybe mid-late 07), this might be a really valuable feature to have. I dont have a code reader, just my FS cables (using V2 solely now).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281
    Yes, we will support code reading and clearing for all CAN based OBDII vehicles.
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast