Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: V2 Capabilities out of the box?

Does that mean other Brands too?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    Yes, we will support code reading and clearing for all CAN based OBDII vehicles.
    Regards
    Paul
    I guess no chance for non-CAN vehicles?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin
    Whats great is when you read a car with HPtuners, waste the credits and everything only for the software to tell you definition file failed to load. Then you got to email support only to have a email come back "update on your login page" short, sweet, and leaving you to wonder if they addressed your problem or some other problem.

What they fail to realize is that this has happend to me almost 10 times now and probally at least 6 of those times the customer has come to me from a long ways away.. And 2 of them even had to come to me twice before the software was actually fixed.

Very frustrating.. but its somethign I have to deal with unfortunately because EFIlive doesn't support as many vehicles as Hptuners.
    Ouch sorry to hear this!

How many customers do you get from the vehicle base that HPT serves exclusively? Like Cavalier, Cobalts, all that 4/6 cylinder stuff that EFILive doesn't cover. Just wondering.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2002_z28_six_speed
    Ouch sorry to hear this!

How many customers do you get from the vehicle base that HPT serves exclusively? Like Cavalier, Cobalts, all that 4/6 cylinder stuff that EFILive doesn't cover. Just wondering.
    I wonder that as well, but EFILive is working on 4cyl support now and Vortec V6/V8 support is in beta (I think).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Well, I see the possibility in town and one would think you could tap that market. They see all talk and no action in my experience. Personally, I have found that FWD people usually put money into their radios even if you can offer them a great product/service for a couple hundred.

It is just really exciting to have a product that is going to grow in potenial even after I bought it. I mean the way it looks is that pretty any GM vehicle I buy in the future or my friends buy and I can keep this tuning package. With LS1Edit you were locked into too small a target market with most of the vehicles already out of production! (Corvette aside)

Quote Originally Posted by 2002_z28_six_speed
    Well, I see the possibility in town and one would think you could tap that market. They see all talk and no action in my experience. Personally, I have found that FWD people usually put money into their radios even if you can offer them a great product/service for a couple hundred.

It is just really exciting to have a product that is going to grow in potenial even after I bought it. I mean the way it looks is that pretty any GM vehicle I buy in the future or my friends buy and I can keep this tuning package. With LS1Edit you were locked into too small a target market with most of the vehicles already out of production! (Corvette aside)
    That sums it up nicely.

Lifetime Member

Actually, the funny thing is that I had an Ecotec car back in 2002 and did some tranny/converter work to it. Started on the suspension and gave up. There wasn't a programmer I knew of to flash the PCM so I just stopped. I mean the engine was still be sand cast for GM engineering samples in 2000. I even had a spare engine to do the build up on but just no programmer.

Oh well. If EFILive comes out for 4 cylinder support I can still have a sandrail. V8 cars get all the cool products

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234