Thread: How to lean this thing out??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How to lean this thing out??

I'm trying to figure out how to lean out my AFR under idle and normal driving conditions. If you look @ my logs you can see that my average AFR is 12.4. I tried reducing the VE table by 5% but it didn't seem to make any difference so I'm not sure if this is the correct way to try and solve the problem or not. I would greatly appreciate some input on how to solve it.

Thanks,

Bill
    Attached Files Attached Files
    72 K/5 4x4 Blazer, Radixed LQ4 with 3.2 pulley, WCCH 90mm TB, LPE GT2-3 cam, Stainless Works Headers, NV4500 5 speed, 14 bolt FF rear, Dana 60 front, 4.56 gears, detroit lockers, 4 wheel discs, Hydro brakes, full autometer gauges and more....

Is your MAF set to fail, so your in SD? Its still plugged in and reading in the log. If not then its fueling off your MAF, not so much your VE. You need to create a BEN map for your MAF freq table and log it. Then copy and paste multiply with labels to your MAF freq table, just like you would when Autotuning the VE table. This is how I running right know with custom OS3 and open loop MAF.
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

It sounds like you might want to do a VE tune. Check the tutorials in the software on how to use the AutoVE to get your VE table close. Then, it's virtually the same procedure with the MAF sensor. Once both of those are dialed in, you'll no longer have a lean/rich condition throughout the rpms as they are the main source of fueling calculations for the pcm.

KB I get it now, I didn't know how all of it worked but I'm learning (still a long ways to go though).

I tried doing an Auto Ve but when I got over 105 kPa my engine went into limp mode, it did it twice while trying to log. I'm guessing that this means I need to wait until I get the 2 bar map (GM P/N: 12580698 AC Delco: 213-1631) before I can do this?

Are there any other 2 bar map sensors that will work for what I'm trying to do? Anybody know any places that have this part in stock? I've looked several places and can't find one.

Thanks,

Bill
    72 K/5 4x4 Blazer, Radixed LQ4 with 3.2 pulley, WCCH 90mm TB, LPE GT2-3 cam, Stainless Works Headers, NV4500 5 speed, 14 bolt FF rear, Dana 60 front, 4.56 gears, detroit lockers, 4 wheel discs, Hydro brakes, full autometer gauges and more....

I thought i had a cheep place to buy take offs on line, but it looks like there not selling them any more. The PN you posted will work great. I got my first one from gmpartsdirect.com. Took a couple weeks, but I got it. If you get one from a dealer, unless you have a hook up, it will be quite a bit more and they will still most likely have to order it. Best bet would be a Saturn dealer if you go that route.
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo