Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuning the LS2 in my Trailblazer SS - ECM and TCM?

Arrow Tuning the LS2 in my Trailblazer SS - ECM and TCM?

I have yet to get a tuning package for my Trailblazer SS.....perhaps because there are no packages out there yet?

Anyway, knowing nothing about EFILive, I have been plodding through the regular website and now the forums. After attempting to do some unsuccessful searches (the search feature will not allow three-letter terms like ECM, TCM, LS2.... ) I am now posting here.

What will I need to tune my Trailblazer SS? There is a company selling a mail-order tune for the Trailblazer SS which requires that you send in both the ECM and TCM from your vehicle. Will I be able to tune both of these modules with Flashscan V2 when it comes out?

How much will the package be to tune my TBSS?

As far as I know, the Trailblazer SS, which has essentially the same 6-liter engine that's in the Corvette and GTO, uses LS2 PCM. That being the case, you'll need V2. The 06 model trucks with 5.3 engines still use LS1 operating systems, so they can be tuned with V1.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

I read somewhere that EFILive will be charging extra for the ability to tune both the ECM and TCM, versus just the ECM. Do EFILive employees visit this forum? It would be nice to get a for-sure answer directly from them.

EFILive employees not only visit this site, they also post, and are a constant source of useful information. I can't speak for them, but I can tell you from experience, that when all the dust clears, EFILive will be the best deal around.
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

My understanding is that the ECM and TCM each require 1 pcm licence (since they are 2 separate controllers);
    correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dfe1
    EFILive employees not only visit this site, they also post, and are a constant source of useful information. I can't speak for them, but I can tell you from experience, that when all the dust clears, EFILive will be the best deal around.
    Uh, thanks, but I'm just looking to have my question answered.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSS
    Uh, thanks, but I'm just looking to have my question answered.
    Patience, young Jedi. I was just trying to give you some insight until one of the EFILive guys can answer. (They're in Australia, where it is now almost 5:00 AM. I'm sure Ross will post an answer shortly.

Ross, are you there????????????????????
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Quote Originally Posted by dfe1
    Ross, are you there????????????????????
    No, I'm in NZ at the moment actually!.
    Right now we have not finalized the pricing structure on the Trans side of things. Not the answer you all were looking for I know, but what we need to weigh up is the R&D time for the trans (quite a bit) v's charging for another license when the user will be tuning the engine computer anyway.

We also need to base our pricing on future GM Transmission products.
    We are not in the business of changing our prices every 6 months, so what is good for today should reflect what is needed 6 months, 1 year down the track......remember, there is transmissions on the way from GM with more than 4 gears!.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Not sure why you plan on charging extra for functionality that just happens to reside in another physical location/computer in the TBSS, while this same functionality lives in the same computer in other vehicles. It's the same tables and functions, yes? You go throught the same OBDII port to tune it, right? So why would you charge more? Makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSS
    Not sure why you plan on charging extra for functionality that just happens to reside in another physical location/computer in the TBSS, while this same functionality lives in the same computer in other vehicles. It's the same tables and functions, yes? You go throught the same OBDII port to tune it, right? So why would you charge more? Makes no sense to me.
    I can't speak for Ross, but I personally have no issues paying more to tune the TCM on newer models because you have think of the time and research it takes to find thinigs in the TCM. Remember, it is separate and will require the same (I think) development as the PCM's have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast