Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yet another bb logging problem

Default yet another bb logging problem

i can log data with the pc just fine. when i try to bb log the light turns green and stays on, like is susposs too. when i try to download the logs the retive button tells me there is nothing to retrive. but i can "dump" the bb contents and it goes to the bug report folder as a .mem file. i can even load that .mem back into the flashscan but i still can "retirve" anything.

i spelled retriv four differant ways.

Try this tutorial and see if it helps your problem.

http://www.holdencrazy.com/EFILive/T...s/BlackBox.zip

i followed the tutorial to the "T" but i opened the duramax pids not the default ones. i get this message though, it still dont work. the pcm operating number is the same as the one in the enter vin area too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb_error.JPG 
Views:	321 
Size:	150.6 KB 
ID:	1156  

That error is actually not critical. It is basically saying that is is going to log DMA PIDS, which are taken (as their name suggests) direct from known memory locations.

It is saying to make sure you have the right OS # entered so that these known locations will be correct for the PID you are expecting to log.

Are you saying that the actual black box logging is not working though?
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Make sure that bottom of the Scan Tool window shows your correct VIN/OS before you program the PIDs into the BB, and before you retrieve the log from the BB.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar
    Make sure that bottom of the Scan Tool window shows your correct VIN/OS before you program the PIDs into the BB, and before you retrieve the log from the BB.
    it does, this is whats pissing me off. i have done everything correct as far as i know but it still says the is no infomation to retrieve from the flashscan cable. it says the flashscan cable has no data in it.

2 questions, this may sound dumb, but bear with me. When you press the log button on the BB, does the log LED come on and stay on? If it doesn't stay on, then its not logging and you probable need to validate the pids

If yes, when you go to retrieve logged data, do you click on the logged data file that you want to view and highlight it blue first, before you click on view?
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

Quote Originally Posted by kbracing96
    2 questions, this may sound dumb, but bear with me. When you press the log button on the BB, does the log LED come on and stay on? If it doesn't stay on, then its not logging and you probable need to validate the pids

If yes, when you go to retrieve logged data, do you click on the logged data file that you want to view and highlight it blue first, before you click on view?
    yes the light stays on. i dont have anythingin the menu to choose from. and the memory meter is always empty, have never seen any logs in that menu. it will "dump" but not retrieve

When just the cable is plugged into the truck, is the mem led flashing or just on. If its not on, then it has not logged any data. If it is on, then there is logged data in the box. If it is flashing then the memory is full.
    If it has actually been logging, then it should show logged data.

Forget about the dump button, it really has nothing to do with BB loging, it for errer reports.
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

nope. the only light on is obd and log not the mem one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast