Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with tuning!

Default Need help with tuning!

I have a 2006 6.0 sierra hd4x4 and i trying to race a buddy that has a 5.3cc sb2x4 he has done about the same amount of tuning on his but has a reg. type tuner. need help tuning mine up to perform better.

Trying to learn to many things at once with NO help isn't working please help

I am new at this also but it is pretty simple , just take it one step at a time .
    Go to Holdencrazy and get some tune files and do some looking at different tune files .
    The guys on this site are pretty cool about helping .
    http://www.holdencrazy.com/EFILive/stockTunes.php
    Last edited by Chevy366; November 27th, 2006 at 05:23 PM.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 06-6.0 SierraHD
    Trying to learn to many things at once with NO help isn't working please help
    Check your PMs, as I sent you a pretty good point to start with a couple of weeks back.

Also helps to know what you're trying to do with your tune. "Racing a buddy" is vauge.

I have an 04 i need to start playing with, i had the 02 bung welded in but have been to busy tweaking on the car. So how much is their to gain? any MPG's to gain? Mine is a slow turd with an overpriced K&N setup
    2500HD 4X4 crew

My 05 runs pretty good for a heavy 4 door truck , Custom OS and tweaked stock files . Got a 1 to 2 mpg increase , but just started to really tune on it . The LC-1 cable i purchased was bad so no AutoVE yet . My plans were to do Custom OS , tweak VE tables , then do some timing tweaking ,and play around with B3647 table for some lean cruising tweak , my trans shifts just like I like it soft but quick part throttle , wide open quick and firm .
    Had the truck Dynoed stock 255 rwhp , after Custom OS and some tweaking 260 rwhp with 87 octane .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

I've tried tuning my truck a little but feel like i need more. My buddy and i raced up a hill truck to truck No Load. He beat me by approx. 2 lengths which we were only approching about 60mph. so anything to help 0-60 times would help.

My stock numbers with intake and a muffler for breathing were 270hp at the rears with a pid. which seems right. with a slight tune i turned up a little over 300 which if it's right is a big gain.

Quote Originally Posted by 06-6.0 SierraHD
    My stock numbers with intake and a muffler for breathing were 270hp at the rears with a pid. which seems right. with a slight tune i turned up a little over 300 which if it's right is a big gain.
    WOW , quite alot of hp gained there , 87 or 93 octane ?
    A 5.3 has a slight advantage seeing the LQ4 6.0l is for pulling (cam design , low end torque) and the 4l80e is alot more mass to turn than a 4l60e .
    2006 Trailblazer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast