Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Volumetric Efficiency PID

Default Volumetric Efficiency PID

I am not able to get this PID to work. The Formula is missing the engine "displacement" figure, so it cannot calculate properly. I haven't been able to figure out how to insert the displacement.

As a side note (possibly related), I cannot get the "engine" displacement selection under Edit/Default Customer Details/Vehicle Options to remain selected. It blanks itself out every time I close and re-open the program. All other fields remain properly selected.

To make things more confusing, the proper engine displacement is selected when I view the customer information under EFILive/V7/Customers (see below). I just can't get it to remain selected under Vehicle Options. Any ideas?

[FILE]
    VERSION=7.3.3
    DECSEP=.
    [CUSTOMER]
    CUSTOMER_NAME=
    CUSTOMER_ADDRESS=
    CUSTOMER_PHONE=
    CUSTOMER_FAX=
    CUSTOMER_EMAIL=
    VIN=1G1YY22G435xxxxxx
    TAG=
    REGO=
    DIFF_RATIO=3.15
    TRANSMISSION=Auto 4 speed
    INJECTORS=Sequential (SFI)
    GVM=1458000
    DISPLACEMENT=5669
    INDUCTION=Natural
    MOD_COLDAIR=0
    MOD_THROTTLE=0
    MOD_CAM=0
    MOD_VALVE=0
    MOD_TRACTION=0
    MOD_IGNITION=0
    MOD_PCMCAL=0
    MOD_MAF=0
    MOD_HEADERS=0
    MOD_EXHAUST=1
    MOD_N2O=0
    MOD_HEADS=0
    COMMENTS=
    Last edited by mnotx; November 27th, 2006 at 09:38 AM.

The engine displacement is in the scantool properties.

I can only find it in scantool under Edit/Default Customer Details/Vehicle Options. This is the one I can't get to remain selected. What would I look under in the scantool Properties section? I must be missing it somehow.

Thanks.

Try on the scantool toolbar Display/Change default customer details or hit CTRL+D.

OK. Tried that, but it did not save the engine displacement. It's weird...it saves all of the other vehicle information (tranny, differential, weight, etc), but it won't save the engine displacement. If I close out then re-open the program, it is blank again.

I am wondering if this is why the VE PID doesn't work. It needs the engine displacement, but the engine displacement won't remain selected.

That is strange. I just played around with mine & changed the cubic capacity & whatever value I gave it has saved. At the bottom of the screen there should be a window with the vehicle details. Is this there with yours.

The window lists the customer VIN, Auto tranny, and EFILive calibration defination file. No Displacement.

Would you look at your VE PID (volumetric efficiency) for me? Right click it and select "more info." See if your displacement is listed, or if it just lists the word "displacement" in the calculation formula. Mine just lists "displacement" and goes on to state the PID value cannot be determined due to an error: dividing by zero........(ie the missing displacement value.)

Thanks.

No mine just lists the word displacement in the calc formula. Right under the formula is where it will state if the pid is valid or not.
    Mine also goes on to state that a value cannot be determined due to a divide by zero error.
    I will have a play & get back to you.

Well, at least it is not just me on the VE PID. Now all I have to do is figure out what I am doing wrong with the customer details. I learned a long time ago that most "glitches" are me, and not the computer. I think I will try deleting the customer details and re-save them again.

Thanks for all of your help.

OK, I deleted the file from the customer folder and re-saved it. That was all it took to get the displacement to remain selected. Now my default customer info is correct.

All I have to do is figure out how to make the VE PID work. Do I need to re-write the formula somewhere and fill in the displacement?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast