Thread: V2 and obdI

Default V2 and obdI

So I have V2 now and just pick up a 94 Z28 Camaro the other day for a beater. In the future releases for V2 it says "ALDL protocol support for scanning and logging OBD-I based GM vehicles."

I was wondering how far down the road this will be and will the current flashscan software scan it? And will you guys have a obd1 cable that will plug into the V2?

Thanks guys and keep up the good work!
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

V2 will eventually support scanning on all OBDI GM vehicles using the ALDL 8192 baud protocol.
    A cable (or adapter) will be available from EFILive, or from various regional resellers.

Tiiming for OBDI support will be when EFILive V8 is released. That won't be until second half of 2007.

Meanwhile, you can use EFILive V4 to scan your Camaro. You just need to supply your own cable. Get an ALDL/USB cable from www.moates.net or make your own ALDL/serial cable using this diagram: http://pweb.de.uu.net/pr-meyer.h/aldl.htm

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks Paul, I keep hearing about V8, is there any published info on what exactly you guys are coming out with in this software? Kind of like what it will do or how different/ better it will be?

The V8 software is a clean sheet design of the EFILive Scan and Tune Tools. It will only be compatible with FlashScan V2 (and later devices, i.e. AutoCal).

Based on feedback from "noisy" customers (you all know who you are ) over the past 3 years, the new features list is a mile long and still growing. The main design principle behind the V8 design is simplicity. The complexity of the user interface is being reduced as much as possible without compromising functionality.

We are not publishing details of what will be changed and added until much later.

The first you will see of the new software will be screen shots sometime around mid next year.

EFILive V7 still has a lot of life left in it, there are still new features being added to it for the next few months.

Regards
    Paul

will the obd1 be compatible with the older holdens back to the vn's with the slower baud rate. If you already have V1/V2 how much for "EFILive V4". The older holdens also did not have an obd1 port just a plug near the passenger kick panel, will we need to make our own cables,will they need to also have the network style connector to connect to V2 instead of the current style with serial connectors?
    It's all good until it goes "Bang"

We have no plans to support the 160 baud (VN/VP) style data logging.

We will almost certainly offer adapter cables to fit the US style 12 pin connector. Either a 12 pin to 16 pin adapter, or more likely just a different cable.

As far as I know, all Commodores (VR and later) that used the 8192 baud also used the 16 pin OBDII connector, so no adapter cable will be required for the Commodores.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by limited cv8r
    will the obd1 be compatible with the older holdens back to the vn's with the slower baud rate. If you already have V1/V2 how much for "EFILive V4". The older holdens also did not have an obd1 port just a plug near the passenger kick panel, will we need to make our own cables,will they need to also have the network style connector to connect to V2 instead of the current style with serial connectors?
    What about this part?

Quote Originally Posted by kbracing96
    What about this part?
    No upgrade (or is that downgrade?) price from OBD-II to OBD-I has been decided yet.

As a ball park, the current price for an EFILive V4 Pro Scan Tool license is $179.

Regards
    Paul