Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Auto Tune

Quote Originally Posted by L31Sleeper View Post
    So what is the difference between "Auto-Tune" and "AutoVE" ??

I understand that the "Auto-Tune" was never released ??

-Justin
    Read posts #49, #60, #65, #80 to see the answer

Lifetime Member

Looks Like AutoVE to me, was it just a simple name change ??
    Sorry I get hung up on stuff like that.

-Jusitn

So release it already! Why have this in a newbie section to get newbies all excited about such a feature only to pull the rug out from under them after reading through the thread and finding out it ain't gonna be so?

Yeah, I don't understand WHY it was not released, but I'm a newbie and can display my ignorance without guilt or shame.

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06
    427 RHS block built by LME
    STS rear mounted twin turbos
    It nearly died on the operating table, but I'm bringing her back.

Post #1 in that thread is the tutorial...

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Post #1 in that thread is the tutorial...
    I guess I'm just reading this thread wrong then. I got from it the inferrence that there would be an automated function from within EFILive to do these steps. You know, like in AUTOMATICALLY. Hence the term "AutoTune". Something akin to installing the wideband, start logging, then click THIS button and just stand back out of the way.

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06

This is a very old thread.

Paul sets up the AutoVe process in post #80 and the software version is V7.1
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    This is a very old thread.

Paul sets up the AutoVe process in post #80 and the software version is V7.1
    Actually there are a LOT of old threads here. But to a newbie the info in them is brand new. The problem arises when this old info proves to be outdated, incomplete, or written in such a manner that too much is implied that is completely oblivious to a newcomer. I've actually been reading very old threads that were of interest only to find that they stopped dead with no resolution offered. Rather frustrating, to be honest. I don't know whether the answer was ever figured out, or by that point the answer was just obvious to everyone but me.

It seemed to me that this "autotune" being discussed was more than just a procedure of steps to follow, but instead a single programmed function within EFILive to do those steps automatically. Maybe that is not possible to do, as this newbie doesn't know enough about the product to know that. But generally speaking, I am all for letting the computer do as much of the grunt work as possible. Sorry, but I just thought this 2005 thread was referring to something that might be lurking in the 2012 version of EFILive that I just haven't found yet, or was decided against being implemented for some reason.

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    I guess I'm just reading this thread wrong then. I got from it the inferrence that there would be an automated function from within EFILive to do these steps. You know, like in AUTOMATICALLY. Hence the term "AutoTune". Something akin to installing the wideband, start logging, then click THIS button and just stand back out of the way.
    Ah, sorry, I got my threads crossed, I was referring to the Calc.VET thread, my mistake

Actually there are a LOT of old threads here. But to a newbie the info in them is brand new. The problem arises when this old info proves to be outdated, incomplete, or written in such a manner that too much is implied that is completely oblivious to a newcomer. I've actually been reading very old threads that were of interest only to find that they stopped dead with no resolution offered. Rather frustrating, to be honest. I don't know whether the answer was ever figured out, or by that point the answer was just obvious to everyone but me.

It seemed to me that this "autotune" being discussed was more than just a procedure of steps to follow, but instead a single programmed function within EFILive to do those steps automatically. Maybe that is not possible to do, as this newbie doesn't know enough about the product to know that. But generally speaking, I am all for letting the computer do as much of the grunt work as possible. Sorry, but I just thought this 2005 thread was referring to something that might be lurking in the 2012 version of EFILive that I just haven't found yet, or was decided against being implemented for some reason.
    AutoVE ("Auto Tune") is a sequence of steps, the is a pdf file included with V7.5 installation.

For a summary of AutoVE read thru post #29 here: Summary-Notes

Actually there are a LOT of old threads here. But to a newbie the info in them is brand new.
    Actually to a newbie to EFI Live it is horribly confusing information! I have read my butt off as to not be flammed and all I got was more confused. Things have changed so much with newer releases of EFI Live, so many stickys have dead links etc... Like I just read this thread and have no idea how it works or if it works. One sticky for Injectors has a link to an xls file I clicked and my virus protection goes off! Website is gone!

Please take this as constructive POSTIVE criticismsm from a newbie to EFI Live (not new to tuning so it would be worse from them) and the frustration it causes. I have found nothing but great help and support from everyone here to catch up. The more I use EFI Live the more I appreciate the quality, ease and sucess of tuning with it.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast