Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Auto Tune

My understanding is that for those of us who want to reatain the MAF it is possible to tune VE mafless, then reconnect for ongoing use? Is this the case with this autotune option?

"This only works in Speed Density mode.
    With this release will also be the availibilty of our modded O.S's that allow the twin spark maps (and more) when Mafless.
    This will require a full flash (which means a commercial or workshop license"

If I have a PLX and the ability to disable MAF (temp) can I use this with Personal edition?

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Melton
    My understanding is that for those of us who want to reatain the MAF it is possible to tune maffless then reconnect for ongoing use? Is this the case with this autotune option?

"This only works in Speed Density mode.
    With this release will also be the availibilty of our modded O.S's that allow the twin spark maps (and more) when Mafless.
    This will require a full flash (which means a commercial or workshop license"

If I have a PLX and the ability to disable MAF (temp) can I use this with Personal edition?
    Bruce yes you will still be able to do this. On tech (HumpinSS me) have discussed this to no end. THe process is pretty easy. Tune your ve table mafless once you get it dialed in plug the maf back up and set the fail to 0 this puts you back in SD mode what you do now is create a map down the left you want maf frequency on the top you want rpm=8000 and your data will be dynamic air in grams/sec. This will build a new maf table for you which you will be able to copy and paste back to the maf frequency table for ongoing use.....

My understanding is that for those of us who want to reatain the MAF it is possible to tune VE mafless, then reconnect for ongoing use? Is this the case with this autotune option?
    Mmm, how many Hollywood babes go back to get the implants removed? :wink:

How many people fit the MAF back once removed?. There is really no need Bruce if you are running an OS with the twin spark maps enabled, the engines (esp cammed) are much happier without it.

Cheers,
    Ross

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    Mmm, how many Hollywood babes go back to get the implants removed? :wink:

How many people fit the MAF back once removed?. There is really no need Bruce if you are running an OS with the twin spark maps enabled, the engines (esp cammed) are much happier without it.

Cheers,
    Ross

Tis is true Tis is true. After removing the maf my throttle response was noticably quicker adn the car felt stronger. This is one reason i havent went back to it

I just feel "naked" witout the comfort of the MAF filtering the environmental changes, as in air density. Is this unfounded?

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

Lifetime Member

I just feel "naked" witout the comfort of the MAF filtering the environmental changes, as in air density. Is this unfounded?
    Air density as in barometric pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
    Air density as in barometric pressure?
    And here in WI temperature.

PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

Lifetime Member

Air density is measure by the map and air temp is measure by the iat so you would still be covered

The IAT sensor is built into my MAF. :evil:

I do like how well my car runs with the fine tuned VE table in SD mode.
    2009 Z06 LS7 / 2008 Sierra Denali AWD L92 6L80E
    Flashing control modules since 2001. 8-)
    Who needs a MAP sensor on a supercharged LS6 anyway.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    Before you get too excited, two things are needed......

1 - A WBO2.
    2 - MAF in garbage bin (or unplugged anyway).

This only works in Speed Density mode.
    This will require a full flash (which means a commercial or workshop license).

Cheers,
    Ross
    How do the unfortunate people like me out here that live in states with emmisions checks get away with NO MAF?

Oh trust me I love how my car runs in SD, but every year I have to flash a crappy tune on just to pass inspection. is there a way?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast