Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Auto Tune

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterSS
    The IAT sensor is built into my MAF. :evil:

I do like how well my car runs with the fine tuned VE table in SD mode.
    Nothing a drill, gromet & new IAT sensor can't fix.

Paul, you have a line on IAT sensors? You can probably sell a few with this upcoming upgrade.

Isn't the IAT temp factored into the MAF output to the PCM?

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Melton
    The IAT sensor is built into the 85mm MAF sensor. If you look inside the sensor you can see a little black "thingy" sticking out. The MAF connector is 5 wire, 2 of which are used for the IAT sensor. When GM went to the 85mm MAF from the 75mm metal MAF, they moved the IAT sensor into the MAF.

Lifetime Member

Set the fail gm/sec to 0 and you retain the IAT and the maf is still physically there

Quote Originally Posted by John Skiba
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Melton
    The IAT sensor is built into the 85mm MAF sensor. If you look inside the sensor you can see a little black "thingy" sticking out. The MAF connector is 5 wire, 2 of which are used for the IAT sensor. When GM went to the 85mm MAF from the 75mm metal MAF, they moved the IAT sensor into the MAF.
    Yes, so the IAT input is through the MAF calculation and if you do not have a MAF the IAT sensor is useless?

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

Lifetime Member

Just get the IAT from a 2000 Camaro which mounts in a grommet in the air cleaner.

Ira

Ira,
    I have a 2000 Vette which has an independant IAT sensor in a grommet on the air bridge but if I am running mafless it will have no relevant output into the MAF calculation?

PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

Lifetime Member

Nope it sure wont

So the fact I live in a State where temp/humidity/rain/snow/and all the other crazy weather can happen within an hour of each other has no bearing on if I should run a MAF? I do drive the car on clear days but humidity can be 99% or 0% and temps can be 10 - 110. Add to that the fact I would like to run a N02 150 shot sometimes. Can I still safely run without a MAF? I really do not want to screw with the car everytime I open the bottle.

Thx

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1morews6
    So the fact I live in a State where temp/humidity/rain/snow/and all the other crazy weather can happen within an hour of each other has no bearing on if I should run a MAF? I do drive the car on clear days but humidity can be 99% or 0% and temps can be 10 - 110. Add to that the fact I would like to run a N02 150 shot sometimes. Can I still safely run without a MAF? I really do not want to screw with the car everytime I open the bottle.

Thx
    A wet shot can run without the maf but a dry shot it wont happen. Unplug the maf and tune the ve table for a little see how you like it, see how it responds to weather changes and decide if you like it or not

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast