Thread: NE1 Care to look at my tun and log files after h/c install?

Default NE1 Care to look at my tun and log files after h/c install?

Just got car back together last night. Today I ran two logs. 1st was a cold start and 2nd was a warm start.

The tune is combination of my original MAF/VE tune after headers last year and adjustments based on feedback and my comparing other tuning files.

Comments and suggestions certainly welcome.

My LTFT were +25% in the first log but started coming down toward 15% in log 2. Leaning toward bumping VE table in 40-1200 rpm 5-50 MAP.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Chalky; November 22nd, 2007 at 01:39 PM.
    2015 Z06 A8

I took a quick look at it and these are some things I noticed:

**DTC's have NOT been killed...just the SES light (Processing Enablers vs. MIL Enablers). If you're going to disable something, you need to do it in the Processing Enabler otherwise you're just killing the SES light. The only time you really need to kill just the light is when you change the MAF Fail Frequencies while setting up for SD mode.

**RAF process needs to be done. It's OK that you added 5.25grams/cyl to the Desired Idle Airflow table to get it running. But, you really need to log the RAFIG .pid to determine where that table needs to be set.

**Your O2 sensors look extremely lazy in both logs. Granted, the one is from a cold start. But, above an ETC of 92*F they should be moving around a lot more than they are. You might want to pick up some replacements or set up an open-loop tune.

**Before messing with the MAF or VE tables, I'd highly recommend setting up a WBO2 sensor to align your fueling with - especially with those lazy O2 sensors.

**One other thing you could do is play with the bi-directional controls to double-check that the car is idling at the timing it likes. It didn't look like the RPMs were jumping around too much....so you may be close already.

That's my $0.02...

Thanks for the reply. I had to setup the RAFIG pid. Will try it tomorrow.

It has been a while. Once I log the RAFIG, it is just a copy/paste to B4307?

I have WB but just a bit to cold to get under car to install. I just wanted to get car running and starting OK!!
    2015 Z06 A8

RAFIG is a sum of long term idle trims + short term idle trims. The data is added to/subtracted from the Desired Airflow table. If you're using the latest version of the software, you shouldn't have to set the .pid up. It should be in the list. You might have to make the map in the scanner...but, that's it.

Is it necesary to do one for PN and one for IG?

I assume that IG is the only one necessary for an M6 car.
    2015 Z06 A8

RAFIG is what you need and when you apply it to B4307, you will "paste & add".

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness
    RAFIG is what you need and when you apply it to B4307, you will "paste & add".
    Just finished up RAFIG. Ended up adjusting cells from -.7 to -.9. After some driving, LTFT are coming down from +25 to +14's and better under certain condition. Start up and driving are very good with no stalling or surging. Idle is down to 900 with the usual lope.

Questions if you don't mind.

Spark advance is very jumpy at different rpms. The swings are very narrow.

Would you mind taking another look at the latest log and passing judgement again.

I will not be doing a VE/MAF tune until next Spring.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2015 Z06 A8

Make sure you stay out of the throttle then...you'll be running pretty lean if you get into to the point where the fuel trims are no longer active (open loop). I'll take a peak at your log tomorrow if I have a moment...