Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2-Bar Woes

Default 2-Bar Woes

Ok, here's the thing. I have an LS1 supercharged & intercooled setup. It is running very badly with a 2.5-bar MAP sensor & custom OS. I have followed the Custom OS Tutorial & applied all the relevant mods (including the MAP sensor calibration, which reads correct against a barometer - we are approx sea level here in the UK).

It idles ok & pulls away fine but when I floor the accelerator pedal, it coughs & jerks until I back off the throttle . I can accelerate fairly smothly if I go easy on the pedal.

It is pulling timing when the problem occurs (as far as I could see with ScanTool).

I am going to try a few things tomorrow (having read some of the threads in this forum). I have added the GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA & GM.CYLAIR_DMA PIDS to the dashboard for logging & will do a run before making any mods to the tune file.

Has anyone got any pointers or suggestions (or even had a simialr experience)? Any help gratefully received.

Ta!

I haven't read the tutorial in a while but when it first came out it recommended you scale the booost tables 300% which I did. Found out very quickly that 300% is an extreme CYA move and it really only needed 15% or so - bad memory. So check your AFR to see where it's at and adjust accordingly. before you try 15% see what 100% or 50% gets you. go slow and be safe.
    2001 Camaro SS
    EFILive Custom OS3

What's the wideband log when it bucks?

Yes and check what your timing is doing too. It could be burst knock even etc.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Quote Originally Posted by onfire
    What's the wideband log when it bucks?
    Erm, don't have one fitted. Was thinking about doing it but only if I really have to. Would you recommend one? (That sounds like a dumb question)!!

MUST HAVE A WB!!!!!

A wideband is a very cheap investment to ensure you tune your motor correctly. You might as well be blind-folded driving your car off a cliff with out one. PM black02ss or visit www.greenlightmotorsports.com to purchase a WB.

Quote Originally Posted by NAH
    Erm, don't have one fitted.
    danger will robinson!!
    2001 Camaro SS
    EFILive Custom OS3

Yep deffo a sensible idea especially with forced induction. In fact almost mandatory.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness
    MUST HAVE A WB!!!!!

A wideband is a very cheap investment to ensure you tune your motor correctly. You might as well be blind-folded driving your car off a cliff with out one. PM black02ss or visit www.greenlightmotorsports.com to purchase a WB.
    I would not drive the car anymore until you have a wideband to tune the VE tables, etc. I like the Innovate LM1 basic. Chad at GreenLight can get you one quick.....and you need one quick!

I have had the original tune done on a dyno, the AFR is not lean. I have sent a mail/PM to black02ss so hopefully can get one soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast