Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ready to Purchase but have a Few ?'s

Default Ready to Purchase but have a Few ?'s

I'm ready to give up on the HPT 2.0 upgrade but have a couple of questions before I purchase FlashScan.

I need to tune a boosted 03 Chev ls1 truck.

1. Will I be able to use a 2bar map with Flashscan and edit the values in my tables (basically doubling the KPA from what the table shows?) without purchasing any thing else from EFILive? Or do I have to purchase that feature? If I need to buy it I've had some trouble getting responses from
    'sales@starrperformance.com.au'. Not bashing anyone, but I've sent 3 emails regarding this in the past week without a response. Need to know how much it is and how to get it..the 2bar that is...

2. Can I leave the MAF in or do I have to go straight SD. And if the MAF needs to be removed do I just need to shut off some trouble codes when its removed?

Thanks in advance

Dennis

I can't speak officially for EFILive, but from personal experience I can tell you FlashScan can do just about everything other tuning/scanning software does better. I've tuned an H2 with a Magnacharger and retained the MAF sensor with no problems. I didn't even go to the 2-bar set up, just handled the extra fuel needed by adjusting the PE table. FlashScan shouldn't have any problem with a 2-bar set-up. Also, you're sending e-mails to the wrong address. Send them to paul@efilive.com and you'll get a response.

Yes its pretty easy to tune a Roots or Twin Screw without a 2bar MAP. But its not that way with a turbo and thats what I have now.

Thanks for the tip on the email address, a new email has already been sent.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Hi Dennis,

EFILive is a few days away (maybe a week or two at the latest) from releasing our 2-bar support.
    2-bar support is speed-density only, you are required to remove (or disconnect) the MAF.

There are two versions of 2-bar support in EFILive:
    1. Personal, which runs the PCM in speed density mode using only the low octane spark map with no knock control.
    2. Commercial, which runs the full twin spark map with full adaptive knock control.

The Personal version requires only calibration changes, the Commercial version requires a full re-flash to convert some parts of the PCM's operating system to EFILive's customizations.

The Commercial version of EFILive costs an extra USD $150 on top of the purchase price of the Personal version. However, if you can find someone who can safely perform a full re-flash of your PCM then you can flash in our (free) customized 2-bar operating system and continue to tune it with just the Personal version. The Commercial version is only required for the initial full re-flash.

The 2-bar calibration supplied by EFILive will have all the necessary calibration changes already done, including the MAF trouble codes and MAP rescaling. You will just need to tweak it to suit your engine/SC characteristics.

You may purchase EFILive Personal Scan and Tune here:
    http://store.efilive.com/index.asp?P...WPROD&ProdID=4

Regards
    Paul Blackmore

Ill help anyone get set up if i can, for anyone who buys the upgrade from them... I will also post up some multiple starter files for you guys to look at when i get them completed using the new os hacks... It would be worth it for everyone to convert to the comercial upgrade, 150 is pretty cheap for all the cool things that are in store
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    Hi Dennis,

EFILive is a few days away (maybe a week or two at the latest) from releasing our 2-bar support.
    2-bar support is speed-density only, you are required to remove (or disconnect) the MAF.

There are two versions of 2-bar support in EFILive:
    1. Personal, which runs the PCM in speed density mode using only the low octane spark map with no knock control.
    2. Commercial, which runs the full twin spark map with full adaptive knock control.

The Personal version requires only calibration changes, the Commercial version requires a full re-flash to convert some parts of the PCM's operating system to EFILive's customizations.

The Commercial version of EFILive costs an extra USD $150 on top of the purchase price of the Personal version. However, if you can find someone who can safely perform a full re-flash of your PCM then you can flash in our (free) customized 2-bar operating system and continue to tune it with just the Personal version. The Commercial version is only required for the initial full re-flash.

The 2-bar calibration supplied by EFILive will have all the necessary calibration changes already done, including the MAF trouble codes and MAP rescaling. You will just need to tweak it to suit your engine/SC characteristics.

You may purchase EFILive Personal Scan and Tune here:
    http://store.efilive.com/index.asp?P...WPROD&ProdID=4

Regards
    Paul Blackmore
    That was just the info I was looking for thanks for the help. I also recieved a prompt email reply now that I have the correct email address. Looking forward to using your stuff..

awesome! I have been waiting for this support... now getting the commercial upgrade and monday a 2bar map sensor 8)
    2001 Camaro SS
    EFILive Custom OS3

I'm assuming that no 2 bar will be available for 98s ?

Anxiously awaiting the 2bar release.

Lifetime Member

Production 7.1.9 looks like it will be a beast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast