8 25.81%
  • Dynomometer only (i.e. torque)

0 0%
  • Both Wideband and Dynomometer

23 74.19%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wideband/dyno integration

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The multiple serial port logging is no longer being developed. Instead we will be offering the FlashScan interface which provides 2 A/D converters that can log analog signals from *any* sensor - not just those that provide a serial data stream.

While we were protoyping and testing the multiple serial port upgrade for EFILive we discovered a number of drawbacks including:
    - Not all aftermarket sensors that customers may want to log provided a serial data stream.
    - Those sensors that did provide a serial data stream were proprietary formats which meant we would need to code EFILive to support each type of sensor individually.
    - The serial comms routines in EFILive would have to be rewritten.
    - We are standardising on USB support so the serial interface to EFILive will no longer exist.

With the new FlashScan interface the extra A/D inputs will provide far more flexibility and allow customers to integrate many more external sensors than just a few select wide band O2 sensors.

For example: Dyno output, super charger boost levels, extra temperature sensors, external accoustic microphones, extra pressure sensors, in fact just about anything that produces a 5 volt signal can be logged.

Regards
    Paul

I think it unfortunate that we were led to believe for months now that this was to be made available to only now, at the time it was to be made available, find out that we will now have a longer wait and surely a more costly solution. Could you give us a clue as to the details on this new solutions time frame and potential cost so we can decide if we want too wait for its availability or whether we need to move on to find a more immediate solution?

I respect your decision as to the new direction but I'm not sure how much longer I plan on waiting....unfortunately often time things like this can drag out longer than first thought.

Please keep in mind that many of us have already invested a great deal of time and money into ECM programming software and other data collecting software and devices, including EFiLive.

I believe you will come out with a product that has great potential to compete for a good portion of all of those areas of the market. However this product may be coming late for many of us, even if available soon.

Personally I just need to integrate my wide band unit's data collection streams with my EFiLive logs. I thought I had a solution, now I'm not so sure? Even if we can't log the data directly into EFI, please allow us a way to consolidate the data after the fact.

The release is designed in two stages:

1. The new FlashScan interface which will provide the integration. That product release is very soon - we're only talking a matter of 1 or 2 months (I personally hope it is sooner than that and am working fingers to bone to make sure it happens). It would have been sooner but a late decision to convert to USB has meant one more phase in the PCB design/protoype/test loop.

2. The Editor will be released later, but anyone who already has the FlashScan interface will not need to upgrade it. It already has the capability to reflash a PCM built in.

A new version of EFILive Scan Tool software will be available when the FlashScan unit ships that will allow you to integrate the A/D converter's data with EFILive's logging. You do not have to wait for the Editor for the integrated logging feature.

Regards
    Paul

Again your new product sounds great! But EFiLive is still a seperate product, or will it only come bundled? We currently have EFiLive and we need a way today to integrate our Wide Band O2 etc data with the EFiLive data. I, and many others, already have a solution for aquiring the data needed. I use the TechEdge WBO2. Mine and many other's problem is some way to integrate that data into the EFiLive data log, whether that be real time or after the fact.

FlashScan will just add another layer of hardware for me. Thats not to say I won't upgrade, I will, but the current WBO2 situation is one of combining logging info.

I'm sure you understand the situation we face now of logging data in two seperate products and the need to integrate those data streams. Please add the capability to EFiLive to be able to do this without the need for a new hardware/software product.

From your News page:
    'FlashScan has a built-in, A/D converter that integrates wide-band O2 data directly into EFILive’s logged data stream. Actually, the A/D convertor can be used to log any analog voltage up to 5 volts.'

From this the situation of needing to integrate logging data will not change with FlashScan either. It seems there are only two analog inputs on the device. My TechEdge unit will log 6 devices along with the O2 data. So even with FlashScan what do I do with the other 5 data streams? Personally I think it still comes down to the need to allow some way of integrating logging data together.

Possibly something could be added to the programmers API that would allow us to write our own input consolidation add on? Or at least a documented format that we know we need to convert our data to and then a way within EFiLive to add this to its log for analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by warpster
    Again your new product sounds great! But EFiLive is still a seperate product, or will it only come bundled? We currently have EFiLive and we need a way today to integrate our Wide Band O2 etc data with the EFiLive data. I, and many others, already have a solution for aquiring the data needed. I use the TechEdge WBO2. Mine and many other's problem is some way to integrate that data into the EFiLive data log, whether that be real time or after the fact.
    The FlashScan interface will be the interface that is sold with EFILive - it will be 100% bundled. Actually that choice will be up to the purchaser. You will be able to choose just a scan tool (i.e. buy the AutoTap interface), or the scan tool with A/D inputs and black box logging (i.e. Flashscan) or the whole Scan/Tune combo (i.e. FlashScan interface plus tuning license).

The only issue is for people that currently own EFIlive and and AutoTap interface - there will be a changeover charge to change over your AutoTap interface to a FlashScan interface - or you can choose to keep your AutoTap interface and pay for a new FlashScan interface outright.

You will still need your wide band controller (TechEdge or LM-1 or some other wide band controller). The analog output from that controller (not for the sensor itself) is what will be logged with FlashScan.

Quote Originally Posted by warpster
    Possibly something could be added to the programmers API that would allow us to write our own input consolidation add on? Or at least a documented format that we know we need to convert our data to and then a way within EFiLive to add this to its log for analysis.
    The EFILive data log file can be read/written using the API, so you could easily write a program to read in a log file and write out an integrated data stream correlated by real-time clock stamps or rpm or some other common data field.

The API documentation is not a high priority but if you seriously want to do that then I will help you with whatever info you need/want.

Regards
    Paul

[quote="Blacky]You will still need your wide band controller (TechEdge or LM-1 or some other wide band controller). The analog output from that controller (not for the sensor itself) is what will be logged with FlashScan.

Sweet. I want it. Right Now. What's the part number to upgrade from EFILive 5 Pro?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345