Thread: Wideband vs. EFI AFR Difference

Default Wideband vs. EFI AFR Difference

I have searched and am still not sure how I need to go about bringing my LM1 reading and EFI readings in line. I have checked the voltage at the 3 prong EFI live connector. With the sensor loose, in open air, it reads 4.93 volts. EFI logs it as 4.79 volts. Can someone tell me how to go about bringing all of these together to read the same? I am using the PLX Pid, with 0v=10AFR and 5v=20AFR. See the screen shot of the LM1 configuration. Thanks, Mo

1999 GMC Jimmy 4.3

I am assuming that you are using the V1 interface from the comment about the "3 prong" connector. If this is the case that V1 interface can not read upto the full 5 volts, in fact i think ~4.8v is it's maximum which look like what you are seeing.

If you wanted to you could pretty much follow the LC-1 tutorial as well and rescale the voltage output and EFILive PIDs, or you could except that when the output voltage is up near the 5v that you are running WAY TOO LEAN, or are in DFCO
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I follow what you are saying. How do you bring your actual vs displayed voltages in line? Thanks, Mo
    1999 GMC Jimmy 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by MoTruck
    I follow what you are saying. How do you bring your actual vs displayed voltages in line? Thanks, Mo
    It sounds like a voltage offset, this topic goes thru how to determine the voltage offset > http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=3308

Cheers,
    Chassis by Holden
    Engine by Chev
    PCM modified by Flashscan
    Cam by Comp Cams

I was having issues with my LM1 as well but after following the LC1 tutorial it worked out. The only part that I missed (which I guess is obvious) is that I needed to use the LC1 pid instead of the LM1 pid (although I don't know why) but mine is right on now.

Bill
    72 K/5 4x4 Blazer, Radixed LQ4 with 3.2 pulley, WCCH 90mm TB, LPE GT2-3 cam, Stainless Works Headers, NV4500 5 speed, 14 bolt FF rear, Dana 60 front, 4.56 gears, detroit lockers, 4 wheel discs, Hydro brakes, full autometer gauges and more....