Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: AutoVE

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness
    Good catch TunedbyGM. I will get it updated in the near future.

As for the MAF, check your DTC's. If you have p0101, p0102, and/or p0103, the PCM has detected the MAF failure and you're in SD. The step for unplugging the MAF guarantees the MAF will fail and put you in SD.
    So if I only get p0103 DTC code does that mean I am in SD? That is the only code I am getting.

Also my SAE.MAF is logging but GM.MAF is not, this is with the MAF plugged in as it is a 5 plug unit.
    Last edited by NewV; December 28th, 2006 at 08:09 AM.
    2005 CTS-V w/tuner wannabe driver

If you're getting P0103, you're in SD (should be anyway). Easy check, zero out your MAF table. If the engine won't start, you're not in SD.

Quote Originally Posted by tunedbyGM
    There .
    Thanks.

I added the unit conversions per an earlier request from Elmer.

Picked up on your trans pressure notes. But, I'm not planning to add the details behind the MAF wiring to this tutorial. Perhaps you could help me with a seperate write up for that. We'd need to verify the wiring across all years with a 5 wire MAF.

Quote Originally Posted by NewV
    So if I only get p0103 DTC code does that mean I am in SD? That is the only code I am getting. Yep , your in SD . What I found out is , if any of the three are present then you are indeed in SD .
    Also my SAE.MAF is logging but GM.MAF is not, this is with the MAF plugged in as it is a 5 plug unit.
    Yep , your in SD . What I found out is , if any of the three (P010x) are present then you are indeed in SD .
    I was lucky I had a factory GM Fog Lamp harness laying around and used a 2 pin female connector from it as well as two male pins and connected just the IAT of the MAF , I don't think you really need to do that but heck I had the stuff so made sure .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Also, according to my converter, 122* C = 251.6* F

How did you do your conversion? Or are you just looking at setting to a max value?

Thanks.

Picked up on your trans pressure notes. But, I'm not planning to add the details behind the MAF wiring to this tutorial. Perhaps you could help me with a seperate write up for that. We'd need to verify the wiring across all years with a 5 wire MAF.
    Great , the conversion addition might help a few people like myself who view the world in Imperial values (Elmer's )or least make someone stop and confirm the values .
    Will see if I can find out about the 5 wire MAF , I can ask a GM tech from another site to confirm the MAF across all years .

Cheers
    GM
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Also, according to my converter, 122* C = 251.6* F

How did you do your conversion? Or are you just looking at setting to a max value?
    Max values .
    2006 Trailblazer

Thanks.

The only reason I went so far as to isolate the IAT from the MAF is I was still getting MAF frequency readings , and was afraid that the MAF might still be influencing the AutoVE .
    2006 Trailblazer

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234