Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AutoVE

I also set B3618 to 14.7 instead of 14.63.

[QUOTE=Tordne]If you copy/paste that line it will cause it will equate to an EQ Ratio of 1.00 and invoke Semi-Open Loop. Perhaps change the 14.63:1 AFR to 14.7:1, and if using EQ Ratio change from 1.00 to 0.995 or something.[/QUOTE

I first used 14.7 , could not get it to go into OLSD mode , then tried 14.8 , the PCM would not trip the MAF fail , MAF completely unpluged and IAT working , with the setting in the tutorial , all I can get at best is MAF failures P0102 , P0103 , no P0101 , and no OL just CL , don't make sense .
    Someone want to take a look and see , what if anything I may be doing wrong ?
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Changed B3647 and B3618 to over stoich , changed MAF fail hz to what tutorial states , turned off E0104 , trans was shifting hard .
    Found out why no OL the tutorial says change B4205 to 122 that puts it in CL at 122 degrees so I set it to max value now in OL but still no P0101 DTC just P0102 and P0103.
    Is there some reason why you want to be in CLSD (with NBO2 feedback) and not OLSD (no NBO2's feedback) ?
    And if you get DTC codes P0102 and P0103 does that means you are in SD and the MAF has failed ?

Found the below on this site .

After the first time, all you need to do is kill the MAF (high freq. fail to 0 & high freq. fail limit to 1) and copy the high ocatne spark table to the low octane table. If you want to turn the SES light off after killing the MAF, you can...but you don't have to. You can turn off DFCO, but you don't have to. I prefer to leave it on and filter it out of my logged data.

At this point you're in CLSD (closed loop speed density), which means you still have LTFT's and STFT's trying to keep you at 14.63 unless PE kicks in. When tuning with a wideband, you need to get rid of these things. I prefer to leave PE enabled and set it to a single figure (like 12.2AFR across the board). Then in the Commanded Fuel In Open Loop table, command stoich (14.63) for all cells at all ECTs greater than 170* & less than 230*. To get rid of LTFT's, you disable them with {B3801}. STFT's are disabled by setting {B4205} Closed Loop Temp Enable to 256*.

Now, you're in OLSD (open loop speed density) and are ready to log (once your vehicle has been at operating temps for a few minutes). Proceed with the AutoVE tuning.

Once finished, re-enable the MAF settings (fail frequencies) and restore the low octane spark table. This will move you from OLSD to plain OL. You now need to tune the MAF. If you haven't already tuned the MAF, it's a good idea to increase the MAF table slightly (just like you did the first time with the VE table) as a safety precaution. Log your commanded AFR vs your WBO2 AFR for each MAF Frequency. The correction that needs to be made for each frequency is (WBO2_AFR/Comm_AFR). If you command 12.0 and read 13.0, you're lean - which means you need to increase the MAF table by 13/12 or 8.3% for that frequency. To dial it in closer, you can apply only half of the correction (4.2%) to avoid overshoot.

Once the MAF is done, restore the stock closed loop temp enable & commanded fuel in open loop tables, enable LTFTs, and set your PE where you want it. I think that's all there is to it. Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Chevy366; December 19th, 2006 at 07:55 AM.
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Is there some reason why you want to be in CLSD (with NBO2 feedback) for AutoVE tutorial and not OLSD (no NBO2's feedback) ?
    And if you get DTC codes P0102 and P0103 does that means you are in SD and the MAF has failed ?

And is the above an accurate protrayal of a autove ?
    Last edited by Chevy366; December 19th, 2006 at 08:11 AM.
    2006 Trailblazer

P0101, P0102 and P0103 codes all indicate a MAF failure and mean your are in SD mode effectively.

CL allows trims to make corrections (should be small if AutoVE done well) that might allow for changes in weather, altitude.

I have been running in OLSD for almost 2 years and with the use of the A0014 table (IAT VE Multiplier) of COS3 to make VE table adjustments based on IAT temp. That seems to work VERY well IMO.

This is one of those things that people generally have a particular opinion on and you can really go either way and be pretty happy. Perhaps if you were doing cars for customers you'd probably put into CL mode. But for your own car lets face it, you have the laptop with you logging all the time
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Trodne , sorry I meant to ask it this way .
    Is there is a reason why you want to be in CLSD and not OLSD when doing the AutoVE tune .
    Sorry for asking so many questions but , I get caught up in wanting to learn .
    2006 Trailblazer

Questions are all good my friend!!!

The answer to this is very simple... Because in Closed Loop fuel trimming occurs there is no way to tune the VE Table.

A simple example would be this: If you happened to have a cell in the VE Table that was correct for 14.63:1 fueling and you added 2% to that value, you would expect the LTFT to just change from 0 -2% to compensate for your change. Basically the trims will be compensating for changes and you will not be able to effect things the way you need to.

The above also applied to Semi-Open Loop in COS3 & 5, which is why you need to command something other than 14.63:1 (14.7:1 for instance).

When in Open Loop fuel trimming does not occur so changes you make to VE will actually positively or negatively affect the actual fuel ratio you should measure with your wideband.

Make sense?

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Make sense to me , so why in the AutoVE tutorial did the author want you to go into CLSD ?
    I have been running OL for the last 3 months , but just wanted to dial in my VE with the wideband .
    A friend has HPTuners , he looked at the AutoVE tutorial for it , it is tit for tat the same but wants you to be in OLSD for wideband tuning.
    I guess the tutorial is geared more to Holden , Commadors and cars , not trucks .
    Although LS1 is LS1 , there are some suttle differences .
    My thoughts were OLSD less crap messing with tune while logging wideband data , I found another write up on this site that validated that , so to ve or not to ve , that is the question .
    2006 Trailblazer

Yup.. You don't want to tune VE in Closed Loop.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by tunedbyGM
    Make sense to me , so why in the AutoVE tutorial did the author want you to go into CLSD ?
    I have been running OL for the last 3 months , but just wanted to dial in my VE with the wideband .
    A friend has HPTuners , he looked at the AutoVE tutorial for it , it is tit for tat the same but wants you to be in OLSD for wideband tuning.
    I guess the tutorial is geared more to Holden , Commadors and cars , not trucks .
    Although LS1 is LS1 , there are some suttle differences .
    My thoughts were OLSD less crap messing with tune while logging wideband data , I found another write up on this site that validated that , so to ve or not to ve , that is the question .
    I could not find anywhere in the tutorial where it says that you are to go into CLSD until after the auto ve process. If there is a typo somewhere you should post it up so that they can rectify the mistake.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast