Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help, my PCM serial number was set to 000000000000

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Help, my PCM serial number was set to 000000000000

Any customer who has had a PCM serial number incorrectly deleted by EFILive, will need to use the newest version of EFILive available here:
    http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx#download1

That new version will program a pseudo random serial number into the PCM during a full-flash if a blank serial number is detected. Once that is done the PCM can be licensed and reflashed normally by EFILive.

Obviously that may "waste" a previously used license for that PCM. If that is the case please contact me directly at paul@efilive.com and EFILive will provide a replacement license.

Regards
    Paul
    Last edited by Blacky; July 23rd, 2007 at 05:01 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

ya it did the same this to me so i had to use a extra license.
    is this going to effect anything else in my tune
    im using version 7.3.3 build 533
    what is everone else using?

It won't affect anything else in the tune, it will just prevent you from reprorgamming the PCM unless you have unlimited tuning for that type of vehicle. Otherwise, as soon as the new version is released you will be able to restore the serial number and continue programming.

Regards
    Paul

Paul,

I got bit by this last night whilst I was trying to upgrade to COS3. I fiddled around for an hour or so with the PCM in dead poll mode and then came and read the Forum + updated the software and firmware (benefit of hindsight!).

I flashed my old OS and tune back in to the PCM no probs, however when I went to do a full flash of the COS3 it is asking me to licence the PCM??? should I go ahead and burn a licence or am I doing something else wrong (I have a strong track record of doing things wrong )

Thanks

Jim

You'll need to full-flash your PCM again with the latest software to allow EFILive to reprogram a new serial number into your PCM. (although it looks like you have already done that).

To obtain a replacement license for your FlashScan cable, please send:
    1. the FlashScan serial number
    2. the PCM's serial number
    to me at paul@efilive.com

If you have any spare licenses on your FlashScan cable you can use one of them to re-license the PCM. Otherwise you'll need to wait until the replacement license arrives. Either way the replacement license will make up for the "burnt" one.

Note: you can obtain the PCM's serial number in the EFILive Tuning Tool using the menu option Flash->Show PCM info...

Regards
    Paul

Paul,

Many thanks, I've got a spare license so I'll use that one and send the details over to you.

Cheers

Jim

I just got a Truck in from another shop that has the serial zero'd and the Vin was missing. I punched in the VIN which brought up everything but I can not do a full flash to it. Any reason why? Partial flashes work just fine but we want to put a custom os in it.
    We have a commercial V2.

thanks
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by slowhawk
    I just got a Truck in from another shop that has the serial zero'd and the Vin was missing. I punched in the VIN which brought up everything but I can not do a full flash to it. Any reason why? Partial flashes work just fine but we want to put a custom os in it.
    We have a commercial V2.

thanks
    Don
    The latest version of EFILive will allow you to full flash a PCm with a '000000000000' serial number. It will replace the blank serial with a generated one.

Available here:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4108

However, if you have already licensed the PCM then you'll need to use another license once the PCM has been "fixed" by EFILive. If that is the case, send me your details and I'll get the licenses sorted out for you so you are not left one license short.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    The latest version of EFILive will allow you to full flash a PCm with a '000000000000' serial number. It will replace the blank serial with a generated one.

Available here:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4108

However, if you have already licensed the PCM then you'll need to use another license once the PCM has been "fixed" by EFILive. If that is the case, send me your details and I'll get the licenses sorted out for you so you are not left one license short.

Regards
    Paul
    Thanks Paul. I'm guessing since we have a workshop that lisencing won't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by slowhawk
    Thanks Paul. I'm guessing since we have a workshop that lisencing won't be a problem.
    Jealous!
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast