Thread: What tables other than IFR..............

Default What tables other than IFR..............

Do I change when going from stock 26 or 28 lbs. injectors to 60 lbs. Mototrons?

I know that I have to change the IFR table (with the calculations done using Red Hard Supras injectors.xls ss), but what else do I change?

I've read quite a few things on other forums that gives me conflicting advice and just confuses me (which isn't that hard ).

Any information would be Greatly Appreciated!

Thanks and Please Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Safe New Year!

Injectors are a black art mate. And different manufactures specs and operating limits are different. The best thing is to use that sheet you have and calculate the IFR slope. Not sure what vehicle you have but if it is a truck they often have a flat table because the operate a return regulated system which is different to the F-Body etc.

That is the starting point. You may then want to investigate looking at the Voltage Adjustment table, perhaps using BEN data. You may also need to play with the Default/Minimum Pulse Width tables and also small pulse adjust. So basically all of them may need to be revised to get them perfect

This is where you wish you had the RoadRunner PCM
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne
    Injectors are a black art mate. And different manufactures specs and operating limits are different. The best thing is to use that sheet you have and calculate the IFR slope. Not sure what vehicle you have but if it is a truck they often have a flat table because the operate a return regulated system which is different to the F-Body etc.

That is the starting point. You may then want to investigate looking at the Voltage Adjustment table, perhaps using BEN data. You may also need to play with the Default/Minimum Pulse Width tables and also small pulse adjust. So basically all of them may need to be revised to get them perfect

This is where you wish you had the RoadRunner PCM
    Thanks for the reply Tordne! I have a 2001 Corvette, and am putting on a Vortech supercharger and it comes with 60 lbs. Mototrons.

The RR would be Great, but not in theis years budget (I don't like that word ), but what can you do?

What data should I log to figure out the injectors? Should the pulse width be lowered or raised?

Thanks again! Please Have a Merry Christmas and a Safe and Happy New Years!
    Last edited by FreddyG; December 24th, 2006 at 04:29 AM.

Often times you could use the existing tune of your vehicle to find out how "different" your BEN data is with the new injectors relative to the old. In your case you will be increasing the compression ratio with the boost and will therefore be changing the VE at the same time, so this is really not going to be possible.

You'll obviously have to calculate the IFR table, which it sounds like you already have sorted with redhardsupra's spreadsheet. A number of us have recently installed fuel pressure sender units and have been logging actual fuel pressure and have found that it is not constant. Have a look at THIS THREAD for more details and the part numbers if you decide to splash out

To start out with I'd probably leave the offset and other tables alone and perform the AutoVE process to get your VE table looking good.

Side note.. You are obviously going to be using a EFILive Custom Operating System version 3 right? So there is also a multiplier table A0014 which I have found works really well for changes in IAT temp.

Once your VE Table is looking pretty good then I would use Maps of the Offset and other injector tables to see if you can identify any patterns where you may be able to modify the tables.

The min pulse width are only going to be an issue at idle and on decel. This is where the RoadRunner comes into its own being able to adjust these in small increments and see results. Very small changes to the pulse width can be the difference between the injector having enough time to open or not.

You have a safe and happy Christmas and New Year also!
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Thank You So Much for your help! Is the upgrade to the Custom OS still $50? I'll have to give myself that for Christmas!

Can anything be done using the Bi Directional controls?

Good point... If you have FlashScan V1 Personal version then it is $50 to upgrade to FlashScan V1 Commercial. That edition allows a full flash operation which is required to install a different operating system.

Custom Operating Systems are free to use
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew