Thread: When will EFIlive support the 2006 4.2L??

Talking When will EFIlive support the 2006 4.2L??

I have been itching to do some tuning on my 2006 TB LS 4.2L, I assuming its just a updated cal, It doesnt appear to need a v2.

I hope so also , want to do mine as well !
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

We just added programming abilities into the software for the PCM that model uses. It is actually different to the older 4.2L PCM, it uses the same as the 5cyl motor too so I guess that is a bonus.
    You will need the V2 hardware to use it though due to limitations on the V1 hardware with communications to this PCM.
    It will be released sometime in January.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Great, so it seems we might be able to finally run some FI using I5 tricks on the 06+ I6 LL8s... interesting now I just need to get a 06+ LL8 in front of me.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    We just added programming abilities into the software for the PCM that model uses. It is actually different to the older 4.2L PCM, it uses the same as the 5cyl motor too so I guess that is a bonus.
    You will need the V2 hardware to use it though due to limitations on the V1 hardware with communications to this PCM.
    It will be released sometime in January.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Kind of makes me mad , Wait4me said I would be able to do my 06 with the V1 said it was software and 7.x.x would be able to do it and now I find out for sure I can't .
    Would have just waited for the V2 .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Not sure when you spoke to Jesse, but, we have been trying to get the V1 to work with that PCM type for sometime with no luck.

Perhaps Jesse thought because it uses the VPW communications bus then V1 would work with it (which is a fair assumption), but that is not the problem. Feel free to contact me via PM and we can try to sort something out for you.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.