Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fast90 joys

All done, not without some loss of blood however. Had to remove rear engine lift mount and space out the front one to clear purge line.
    Started and idled fine right off the bat. Not noticed any extra power yet. Im sure Ill have to recheck my VE though. My air filter is filthier than Tordne's mind so that will need a clean out too.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Good luck cleaning Tordne's head.

If you have the means, compare your left and right bank AFR's. It wasn't until I installed the second LC1 that I noticed I had a severe intake leak. I got the worst of it fixed up, but something still isn't right.

Quote Originally Posted by ringram
    All done, not without some loss of blood however. Had to remove rear engine lift mount and space out the front one to clear purge line.
    Started and idled fine right off the bat. Not noticed any extra power yet. Im sure Ill have to recheck my VE though. My air filter is filthier than Tordne's mind so that will need a clean out too.
    Bloody hell, I just saw this

Man my air filter is black as! And it is a PITA to get out as well being behind the front grill, that I had to bend the AC radiator to get it down there .

Don't seem to be dropping any kPa though which is good, still hitting 100-101 no worries.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Yeah thought you might like that comment mate.

I was down about 3 kpa with the LS6 intake and had both banks STFT exactly the same, so will see what happens with the Fast.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Seems easier to hit atmospheric kpa now. g/cyl is nice, though my bloody scan tool hung so I lost my mega WOT runs, but not before pasting the BEN's in. High RPM/Load cells were +ve, like up to 5% so who knows. BEN's are always fun and you can chase yourself for the last few %. Mr dyno will have to tell me whats changed.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

If you have a leak free (external and internal) installation you can expect some good results. Depending on modifications ~~+20 hp in upper rpm range is reasonable. There are many devotes in the Colonies. Keep us informed with your progress.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Definately likes to rev now. Used to run out of huff before. Now it runs to the rev limit, Im shifting faster too. So Im assuming its faster. Feels much more eager. Im not sure if Ive lost any down low, Im hoping Ive just gained from midrange up. Ill get a dyno overlay.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

I'm glad it's working out for you. I wish I had your luck with it.

Update for anyone interested. Prior to the fast90/90 I had an LS6 and stock ported TB. I could never beat tordne's 0.86g/cyl even with my heads and cam.. My previous best was 0.85g/cyl

Well today I logged a nice 0.95g/cyl with the fast90/90 so its definately a worth while mod, and I can probably say that dispite people saying the ls6/tb are good for up to 450rwhp I recon they should be replaced well before then.

Log pic below

Edited to remind people this was done under test conditions so please ignore the VSS (lucky you didnt see the next higher VSS!)
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Amazing what people can do with Photoshop

Since I rescaled the injectors based on actual fuel pressure, and being summer and all. I've been lucky to hit 0.80 g/cyl
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast