Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autove tuning tips

Default Autove tuning tips

I am sure everyone has there own little tips and tricks they do apart from what the tutorial says while doing there Autove tuning, anyone want to share there own little secrets that make for a more consistant and acurate tune? I have been tuning the car for a while but still have spots that spike lean or rich mostly as I let off and back on the throttle....the crazy temps here are alo giving me a hard time....one day I got it next day I dont.

I know weather and temp play hell on consistancy anyone ever put a resistor in the AIT sensor to eliminate heat soak and temp differences while tuning?

what about special filters that you put in place aside from the one in the tutorial?
    99 C5 6speed LS2 402ci DTE 3.90 diff w/hardened output shaft, FLP headers, No Cats, ZO6 mufflers, Haltech Cobra CAI, Ported Fast 90 and LS2 TB, 42 Delphi, ZO6 Maf, EFI-Live, LC-1 wideband, Comp XE-r 232/236 .598/.605 112+0 lsa, AFR 205 heads milled .036 w/ Cometic .045 gaskets, TR 7.4 pushrods, textrila clutch, ASP underdrive pully, 490rwhp/474rwtq 10.83@130.6 1.59 60ft
    10.96 video
    in car vids
    10.9 runs

I had the same trouble with the IAT's but could not figure a way to filter them properly as there is a blend with ECT's dependant on RPM. I eventually just filtered out the excessive IAT temp readings & did the rinse & repeat. Hopefully I will have my OTRCAI finished by the end of the week & my IAT's should stay a bit more sane around town.

Consider using the A0014 table of Custom OS 3, works well in my experience for IAT temp compensation - as a multiplier to the VE table.

A number of us have found the same as what you are probably seeing: low IAT = rich, high IAT = lean. With the VE multiplier table you can lower and raise the effective value of the VE table based on IAT.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Here's a filter I use on a fairly regular basis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	avefilter.png 
Views:	356 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	1178  

Thumbs up

Wayne:

How is that monster running?

Good subject. I know the tutorial covers the basics but I also know that more can be done to assure a n excellent VE tune buy disabling certain settings. It would be great if someone with more experience than me could revise that particular tutorial.
    2015 Z06 A8

Quote Originally Posted by Chalky
    Wayne:

How is that monster running?

Good subject. I know the tutorial covers the basics but I also know that more can be done to assure a n excellent VE tune buy disabling certain settings. It would be great if someone with more experience than me could revise that particular tutorial.
    What kind of revisions are you thinking of?

The goal of the tutorial was to get the basic steps in front of the user so they can get thier feet wet tuning. It gets complicated when deciding how much detail can or should be added as it has to be proven to work in a generic sense for everybody. The more advanced we make it, the more intimidating it may become.

But, I'm always open to suggestions/revision request.

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness
    What kind of revisions are you thinking of?

The goal of the tutorial was to get the basic steps in front of the user so they can get thier feet wet tuning. It gets complicated when deciding how much detail can or should be added as it has to be proven to work in a generic sense for everybody. The more advanced we make it, the more intimidating it may become.

But, I'm always open to suggestions/revision request.
    The tutorial as it stands is terrific. One suggestion I have is maybe an appendix with troubleshooting tips such as 'reduced power mode' ETC settings and DFCO disable for manual transmissions. There is alot of this scattered thru out the forum as they seem to be pretty common issues. This would simply consolidate it with the tutorial and it could be referenced by the tuner if needed.
    2005 CTS-V w/tuner wannabe driver

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness
    Here's a filter I use on a fairly regular basis.

exactly the type of thing I'm looking for. Thanks

Chalky the car is still a beast my wot tune is nailed down pretty good in SD just looking to polish the rest up
    99 C5 6speed LS2 402ci DTE 3.90 diff w/hardened output shaft, FLP headers, No Cats, ZO6 mufflers, Haltech Cobra CAI, Ported Fast 90 and LS2 TB, 42 Delphi, ZO6 Maf, EFI-Live, LC-1 wideband, Comp XE-r 232/236 .598/.605 112+0 lsa, AFR 205 heads milled .036 w/ Cometic .045 gaskets, TR 7.4 pushrods, textrila clutch, ASP underdrive pully, 490rwhp/474rwtq 10.83@130.6 1.59 60ft
    10.96 video
    in car vids
    10.9 runs

Lifetime Member

TA, dont you think that deltaTP >1%TPS is a bit harsh? i'm all for steady inputs, but in real world, most people can't feel or even dictate changes smaller than 10%TPS.

I use a delta of 2% over 500msecs. It's a little more aggressive than the filter posted above. But, it really helps get rid of the transients. A steady foot is definitely a good thing. It helps to use the floor board hump to the right of the gas pedal too. Besides, at WOT there shouldn't be any variation in TP%.

Keep in mind....during a VE tune, there's room to allow for a greater delta for the changes in TP%. It's the MAF tuning where you really want to narrow it down. This is because of the natural definition or depth of the tables in the PCM. To get a better grasp of this effect, try to hold a single cell for 20 seconds in a map mirroring the VE table. Then, try to do the same in a map mirroring the MAF table. The MAF tends to jump around a little easier because the natural distance from the cut-off point between each cell is smaller.
    Last edited by SSpdDmon; January 2nd, 2007 at 05:49 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast