Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok, just ordered EFILive last week....

Default Ok, just ordered EFILive last week....

Waitin on my equipment to get here and am a newbie with a lot of questions!

Links to explanations or explanations would be awesome!!!!

I've been datalogging with autotap using the narrowbands and tuning with ls1edit. So I picked up a wideband and am waitin for my efilive to arrive so I can really get this thing tuned in right. I am currently running a ve table out of one of my buddies cars cuz after I put the 90/90 setup on the car I couldn't even get it to start up and idle without holding the gas down for a little while no matter what I did, so his table got it working, but i'm sure the ve is off.

After I do the auto ve tuning and get the ve table dialed in, how do I dial in my maf table (right now i'm running a delphi 85mm maf and have a maf table out of a '02 Z06 in there)? Also, I keep reading and seeing people saying that the ifr table is set to certain numbers depending on what size injectors you have, so if i'm running svo 30's, where do I find the numbers to input for them? And then, if the ifr table is a constant depending on ur injectors, how do u adjust ur lterms? Cuz I always scaled the ifr table to get the lterms within -2 to -4. Also, where do I find the latest version of efilive software to download, so I can start gettin familiar with the software and play with it a little before my stuff gets here? Anyways, i'm lookin forward to gettin all my equipment and starting my fine tuning, I appreciate any help you guys can give me, thanks!!!!
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

You can download the latest version at www.efilive.com from the download section.

Do a search on MAF there are several writeups and spreadsheets for MAF dialin.

Good Luck.
    2005 CTS-V w/tuner wannabe driver

Welcome to the forum Loudmouth LS1,

http://68.178.219.18/tutorials/AutoV...20Tutorial.pdf

http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx

http://www.allmod.net/hpt/injectors.xls

Judging by your sig, 9.x sec car, you most likely have an aftermarket fuel system to support those 30lb injectors (that are rated @ 43.5psi) so get a fuel gage on the rail test port and find out what kind of real pressure you are running and then put those factors into Marcin's spreadsheet and bamo there are your injectors numbers that you will need to input into B4001. After that, with your wideband hooked up and set, follow the AutoVE procedure and you are well on your way.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Loudmouth. Any reason you want to return to running the maf. Bin it and go for a nice custom Operating System and run Speed Density. You wont look back with a good SD tune.
    HX Ute.

Welcome to the forum Loudmouth LS1.

As the Doc pointed out, you want to get your injector table scaled corectly first as it serves as the base for the rest of your tune. Knowing your fuel pressure (by actually measuring) is a must to get the IFR table dialed in. You can use a gauge on the rail, or log it in EFILive using this tutorial

Afterwords, the AutoVE tutorial would be your next step. If you decide to keep your MAF, you use the same concepts from the AutoVE tutorial to dial in your MAF.

^^^^^^^ All of that should keep your going for at least a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    Welcome to the forum Loudmouth LS1,

http://68.178.219.18/tutorials/AutoV...20Tutorial.pdf

http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx

http://www.allmod.net/hpt/injectors.xls

Judging by your sig, 9.x sec car, you most likely have an aftermarket fuel system to support those 30lb injectors (that are rated @ 43.5psi) so get a fuel gage on the rail test port and find out what kind of real pressure you are running and then put those factors into Marcin's spreadsheet and bamo there are your injectors numbers that you will need to input into B4001. After that, with your wideband hooked up and set, follow the AutoVE procedure and you are well on your way.
    Just running a racetronix intank pump and a standalone feeds the nitrous, the fuel pressure at idle is around 60 - 62 if I remember from the last time I had the gauge on there and sits around 58 - 60 at wot, but i'll double check. Where can I find that spreadsheet?
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna
    Loudmouth. Any reason you want to return to running the maf. Bin it and go for a nice custom Operating System and run Speed Density. You wont look back with a good SD tune.
    I don't know, I still drive the car around on the street a lot and figured it'd be easier to leave the maf in so I don't have to constantly change things, but I was thinkin about leavin the maf off. What would the diff be if I left it off?
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness
    Welcome to the forum Loudmouth LS1.

As the Doc pointed out, you want to get your injector table scaled corectly first as it serves as the base for the rest of your tune. Knowing your fuel pressure (by actually measuring) is a must to get the IFR table dialed in. You can use a gauge on the rail, or log it in EFILive using this tutorial

Afterwords, the AutoVE tutorial would be your next step. If you decide to keep your MAF, you use the same concepts from the AutoVE tutorial to dial in your MAF.

^^^^^^^ All of that should keep your going for at least a day.
    I appreciate the help, thanks!!! But where is that spreadsheet?
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Clearing throat, AHem

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Clearing throat, AHem
    I'm sorry man, it was early, had just woke up, haha, thanks a lot!!!
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast