Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok, just ordered EFILive last week....

Nothing like a set of fresh eye's and hot coffee to get the day going.

Nothing wrong with tuning the MAF or going SD full time. In SD, you have one less variable to deal with, the MAF, but I would strongly suggest COS5 as it has provisions for dealing with daily delta T's.

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness
    Nothing like a set of fresh eye's and hot coffee to get the day going.

Nothing wrong with tuning the MAF or going SD full time. In SD, you have one less variable to deal with, the MAF, but I would strongly suggest COS5 as it has provisions for dealing with daily delta T's.
    Well right now at least until I get the fogger I wanna keep the maf, cuz i'm still using a little dry kit right now and don't know how that would work with SD. Also, what is COS5 and what is a daily delta T, you totally just lost me there!
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Curious as well about the Delta T. What would be the diff. between the COS3 which I have now and the COS5. I have a prelim. tune now getting ready to tweak it. Would it benefitial to upgrade to the COS5 with big cubes and boost?

Custom OS 5 offers you a TPS vs RPM VE table as well as the standard MAP vs RPM. It also has a few other nice features for N2O.

Delta Temperature.

Custom OS 5 offers you a TPS vs RPM VE table as well as the standard MAP vs RPM. It also has a few other nice features for N2O.

Delta Temperature.
    I don't know dude, that shit may be over my head right now, and I have no idea what delta temperature is, sorry, I really am a newb, hehe!!! I'm surprised i've done a good enough job so far that she runs as well as she does, but i'm sure there's room for improvement! I guess I have a lot of reading and playing around to do!
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

No problem. We were all in the same boat once.

Delta Temperature is the difference between temperatures. COS5 has a scaler table to off set the VE values based on IAT. In stock trim, the MAF handles this more accurately than in SD.

No problem. We were all in the same boat once.

Delta Temperature is the difference between temperatures. COS5 has a scaler table to off set the VE values based on IAT. In stock trim, the MAF handles this more accurately than in SD.
    Oh, so basically you could use that to fatten up wot and drop timing to work with a dry shot or just drop timing to work with a wet or direct port? That's pretty badass, but I don't know if I would trust it, it would erk me all the time, thinkin oh shit, what if it doesn't work and I hit full motor timing or something like that! I think i'd rather just flash the n20 tune in when it's time to spray, just to be safe. But I need to do some more reading on it I guess.
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Take your time.

There are quite a few folks in here running the COS5 with spray with no issue.

Take your time.

There are quite a few folks in here running the COS5 with spray with no issue.
    How much, i'm planning on trying 400 worth when I get the new fogger setup, so everything needs to be right or i'm gonna melt the motor. Also another thing i'm not so sure about with that, the iat sensor is in the lid, can it really sense the temperature drop from the nitrous with the nitrous being sprayed all the way back at the intake? I would think it would only sense it if the nitrous was being spray'd before it and passing by it, no? Sorry for all the ?'s dude, but I appreciate the time ur taking to answer them all, this all helps!
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

As far as how much, I dunno. I don't follow all the spray threads very closely. BUT, I do know there are a few folks running dry shots on SD. Check out the N2O section when you're ready.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast