Thread: AutoVE Issues/Questions

Default AutoVE Issues/Questions

Got my wideband in and attempted to log but the engine went into reduced power mode several times when trying to hit the high RPM ranges > 6K. It would log MAF and O2 errors. I am getting P103 so I believe that proves I am in open loop SD. To reset I found I could kill the engine, clear the DTCs and it would restart fine. I replaced one of my NB with my wideband O2 and unplugged the NB sensor. Now for the questions:

1. Is this normal ie the reduced power mode? I'm thinking it was caused by breaking redline at 6500 RPM accidentally but it normally will not go into reduced power mode.

2. I have 3 decent log files that I would like to combine to reset the VE table. Is there an esay way to do this?

I've attached the tune and one of the log files if anyone cares to validate or review.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2005 CTS-V w/tuner wannabe driver

The P0103 means you're in SD, but not necessarily OL. OL comes from several of the settings described in the tutorial.

I don't recall all the issues behind reduced power mode, but a quick search should get you plenty of info.

TAQuickness thanks - I don't know why I expected my issue to be different from anyone elses. Looks like table C6101 'ETC Predicted Airflow' needs a little work on my tune. On a positive note that probably means my home made CAI is actually working as planned!

New questions:

1. I seem to be having a very difficult time getting the 15 MAP kPA dialed in, it seems to be all over the board with each new run. Any advice or should I simply ignore that low end? I'm suprised because I have the most hits there when getting off the gas at any RPM.

2. High RPMs, assuming everyone has this issue gotta be real bad with AT. I have manual so just long stretches in 1st gear at high RPMs 40MPH. Is that the best approach? I don't have alot of options in my area to run high speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by NewV
    New questions:

1. I seem to be having a very difficult time getting the 15 MAP kPA dialed in, it seems to be all over the board with each new run. Any advice or should I simply ignore that low end? I'm suprised because I have the most hits there when getting off the gas at any RPM.

Do you have DFCO turned off? If so, get it close and hand smooth it by following the trend that you see visually in the graph. Don't sweat over this too much as it's decel. If you spend a few seconds there once DFCO is re-enabled, the PCM is going to cut fuel anyways. If it's off, you'll see a trend with your fuel trims once they are re-enabled.

2. High RPMs, assuming everyone has this issue gotta be real bad with AT. I have manual so just long stretches in 1st gear at high RPMs 40MPH. Is that the best approach? I don't have alot of options in my area to run high speeds.

Again, get it close and hand smooth - especially if you're going to re-enable the MAF later. Higher gears are better as they place a higher load on the motor. But above 4,000rpms, the MAF is going to take over for the most part.

I believe DFCO is off, I have B3308 and B3313 set to 122 Celcius. And yes I do plan to reenable the MAF so I guess its time to stop sweating the small stuff. This stuff is very addictive though. I already decided my 'temporary' wideband install now needs a permanent bung.

Thanks

Most of my AutoVE runs have been around the parking road at Texas Motor Speedway. Its lots of fun to hear my catbacks roaring around the track.

Most of my AutoVE runs have been around the parking road at Texas Motor Speedway. Its lots of fun to hear my catbacks roaring around the track.
    Hey , you are not to far from where I am , just down the road on 114 to 730 .
    Big parking lot , come out to 730 and go towards Weatherford good hills there , up and down good for hitting some cells .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Quote Originally Posted by tunedbyGM
    Hey , you are not to far from where I am , just down the road on 114 to 730 .
    Big parking lot , come out to 730 and go towards Weatherford good hills there , up and down good for hitting some cells .
    Which way, 114E or 114W from TMS?

I come in from the East on FM 407.

Which way, 114E or 114W from TMS?

I come in from the East on FM 407.
    114 W. (Boyd) to 730 S. (Azle) , 730 then goes to Weatherford , some good long hills , but watch for State Troopers .
    I do pulls later at night so as not to run into as much traffic .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .