Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LS1 to LS2 motor change

Default LS1 to LS2 motor change

Changing the head and cam LS1 in my 04 Vette to an LS2 408 h/c motor.
    What do I need to change in my tune to make the car driveable until it gets to the dyno tuner?
    Changing 30# ford injectors to 42# Bosch injectors, LS2 90mm intake and throttle body, increasing cam duration by about 10*.
    I increased the injector flow rate B4001 by 40% and the cylinder volume B0104 to 51.1.
    Dick Abbott

If you are using a LS2 block the knock sensors and the cam sensor are different for starters. You can buy a conversion harness from Casper Electronics http://www.casperselectronics.com/

The IFR rate should be correctly changed. I would not add 40 %. Use one of the Excel spreadsheets to figure it out. Its a constant value that should not be touched after it is recalculated.

I have had very good luck in getting the 90mm TB's to work by changing B4349 to .0157 to tell the PCM the effective throttle area has changed.

Set the coolant fans as well and you should be OK to get it moving!

Howard

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

My Fast90/90 worked fine, just did a RAF log and paste.
    IAC counts were down to 30 counts from the stock 40 probably due to the extra air around the blade. No need to touch any other tables.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
    If you are using a LS2 block the knock sensors and the cam sensor are different for starters. You can buy a conversion harness from Casper Electronics http://www.casperselectronics.com/
    done

The IFR rate should be correctly changed. I would not add 40 %. Use one of the Excel spreadsheets to figure it out. Its a constant value that should not be touched after it is recalculated.
    Do I create a spreadsheet or are they available online?

I have had very good luck in getting the 90mm TB's to work by changing B4349 to .0157 to tell the PCM the effective throttle area has changed.
    I will make this change.

Set the coolant fans as well and you should be OK to get it moving!
    done

Thanks
    Dick Abbott

Quote Originally Posted by ringram
    My Fast90/90 worked fine, just did a RAF log and paste.
    IAC counts were down to 30 counts from the stock 40 probably due to the extra air around the blade. No need to touch any other tables.
    What is an RAF log?
    What are IAC counts?

Thanks
    Dick Abbott

This is the spreadsheet you want for scaling injectors.

http://www.allmod.net/hpt/injectors.xls

Be sure to click the EFILive tab.

I did this by starting with a 6 liter truck VE and RHS scale for the 42s. It was closer than you would guess. From there I did AutoVE and it was pretty easy other than the 42s were a bit big so I went back to 36s for now.
    If I can help let me know-
    Bruce

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Quote Originally Posted by billiardcue
    What is an RAF log?
    What are IAC counts?

Thanks
    The IAC counts are a bit misleading with the ETC (electronic throttle control) cars. The non-etc cars have a IAC motor. Basically it is a computer controlled vacuum leak which is used control idle in a variety of situations. IAC counts are the steps that the IAC is moved being zero as fully closed. If the IAC is not in a reasonable range the PCM will have a hard time adapting to the different conditions fast enough to control idle. This means that if you have a IAC count of zero and the car is still idling well, additional air is entering and you have no control on the back side of idle. If you have a high count, lets say 140-160 it means the IAC is opened quite a bit indicating that the engine is looking for more air.

Most agree that 60-80 puts the IAC in a position that allows more or less air to be provided with good PCM control.

The ETC cars don't have a IAC which is why it gets confusing. It is actually quite amazing that the throttle blade is the IAC and the "air valve" at the same time. You also can't play with the throttle blade as well as you can the non-etc motors. Logging the RAF (Running Air Flow) is a way to see what kind of air is moving into the engine as the engine warms up.

What Ring is refering to is make a map of the RAF table. Start the car cold and log until is fully warmed up. Then paste the value into the tune file and reflash it. These are also called the desired airflow if I'm not mistaken.

I have learned that don't make too many changes, especially with the ETC cars! Keep it simple!

Howard

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Wouldn't you have to change {B0104} Cylinder Volume also?Would that be 51?...........Paul

Quote Originally Posted by driver456
    Wouldn't you have to change {B0104} Cylinder Volume also?Would that be 51?...........Paul
    Done - see first post.
    Dick Abbott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast