Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: im so lost

Default im so lost

got the efi v2 today-thought it would be kinda easy!
    so after all the downloading and bla bla bla-i plug into my truck{07lbz/ally}and it wont give me any data for my stock calibration-it dosent list an lbz in the controller section of the calibration-so i updated to firmware 447 something and still wont workwhat am i doing wrong?

The fact you got the .47 firmware I think answers the question I have.. Did you download the software from http://download.efilive.com/software...75_605_555.zip or from the downloads page on www.efilive.com (this is not the latest version).
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

i got the 555 file from the forums-and it gets about 1/2 way through and says error 6-ive tried everything from uninstalling and reinstalling written it to cd and still no good someone please help

f for some reason simply installing the new version doesn't resolve your software issue you may need to:
    1) Uninstall the EFILive software again
    2) Delete the 'C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7' folder tree
    3) Start->Run, enter Regedit click OK
    4) Find the key: \\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7 and delete it, which will delete everything it contains.
    5) Re-install EFILive from the downloaded file.

Hopefully this will have you working again.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

ill try all that stuff next
    thank you

so i deleted it all like you said-i installed the 555 zip file from your post link-now do i unzip the file and then what?

In the location where you unzipped the file there will be an executable called 'EFILive_Installer.exe'. Simply run that and it will install that version of the software and recreate all the folder structures etc.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

ok so now when i go to update the flashscan it says please select a valid firmware file

You already updated the firmware to the latest didn't you? The latest is in file 'FSProg_V2_4_47.ffw' which will be (by default) in 'C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7'.

If not:
    1) Unplug the RJ45 (OBDII) connection and the USB connector from the V2 interface.
    2) With the USB cable connected to your laptop, hold down the CTRL key on the V2 interface while you plug in the USB cable to the V2 interface. You should notice that some of the LEDs on the V2 now toggle side to side.
    3) Now open the Firmware Utility
    4) In the 'Update FlashScan V2:' section of the program click on the '...' button to locate the firmware file
    5) Once you have located the file (above step) click on the 'Program' button. Sometimes the numbers do not go all the way - this is not a problem, it still continues in the background.
    6) The FlashScan device will reboot on completion and the update is complete.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

so here i am again-im trying to download the latest update and it gets3/4 through it and reads error6 and stops-why does this keep happening?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast