Thread: TPS won't go below 14%, or above 88%

Default TPS won't go below 14%, or above 88%

I'm still completely new to this game, so go easy on me.

This was my first log ever, in a friends 2005 vette. I noticed while logging that the TPS % won't drop below roughly 14%, nor will it go above 88%. What's this all about?

I tried to find a table in the tuning software to adjust how far the throttle blade would open, but didn't have any luck finding such a table. (Again, I'm completely new to this)

If you need the log file, I could email it to ya. Just let me know.

Thanks guys, and love the software so far.

Austin

Nevermind. After actually reading for 2 minutes, I think I found my answer in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by DrX
    Did it ever log 100%. Does the blade open 100% visually if you look at it while the pedal is held down. I have read that SAE.TP won't go past 88% on these vehicles as it is referring to a % of 5V rather than physical TP. GM.ETCTP is the PID to log.

I'm gonna give this a try. Will report back with details.

Lifetime Member

It still won't drop to 0 though as the throttle blade is regulating the idle airflow on ETC vehicles(i.e. there is no IAC motor). But you should see much lower than 14% at idle.
    2017 Camaro SS, 2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 6.7L, 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 4̶X̶4̶(now 2WD), 5870lb race weight, 10.93@ 124, Twin TVS1900s, Twin Throttle, 429 LSX, 4L80E, custom 14 bolt rear, V2, R̶o̶a̶d̶R̶u̶n̶n̶e̶r̶(dead), COS3......
    Gettin' the Groceries