Thread: Disappearing cursor

Default Disappearing cursor

I've searched and read the tutorials but have not found an answer to this seemingly simple problem: the crosshair cursor disappears in the black background of chart b. Is there a solution by changing the cursor or the background?

TIA

Try pressing F2 a few times and see if the cursor shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar
    Try pressing F2 a few times and see if the cursor shows up.
    No cigar ..... When outside the charts, I have a white arrow cursor, but anywhere over the chart it changes to a black crosshair and disappears against the black chart background. I saw that I can change the console background, but not the chart. I assume they use standard Windows cursors via some API, so maybe change it from Windows.

Thanks for the reply.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

It must be a setup in Windows - the cursor should alwyas be the opposite of the chart background.

I tried changing one chart's background to white and the cursor shows up black on the white background and white on the other charts' black backgrounds.

You can change the background by right-clicking on the chart and selecting "Properties".Then select the "Chart" item and click on the color you want.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    It must be a setup in Windows - the cursor should alwyas be the opposite of the chart background.

I tried changing one chart's background to white and the cursor shows up black on the white background and white on the other charts' black backgrounds.

You can change the background by right-clicking on the chart and selecting "Properties".Then select the "Chart" item and click on the color you want.

Regards
    Paul
    Yeah, my cursor doesn't change. Using the blue from the lower left corner of the palette works okay.

Thanks very much for the reply and clue.