Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quick RAFIG / AutoVE questions

Correct, those values are applied straight to the table. Just make a filter that has only Idle data, or have the car stationary when doing the idle tuning.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Sweet, going out to try this now.

The car was still warm when I started it, so I only got two cells of DYNAIR -- but both of them consistently showed 1.5ish lbs/min for a while after startup. Since I only had the hottest two cells I just changed any value below 1.5 to 1.5. This has solved most of my idle issues. Thanks!!!

At this point the car is perfectly streetable without any further changes. I am no longer worried that it will just stall coming out of the throttle. Whereas before I was seeing 600rpm sweeps around idle (as low as 400 and as high as 1500 from a 900rpm idle) I am now seeing 200rpm sweeps on occassion. Sometimes it just finds idle perfectly.

Is the data returned by RAFIG different enough from DYNAIR that I should expect RAFIG to clean up my idle totally, or should I go from where I am now on to mild changes to the cracker and follower?

My car has never driven this good before!!

Key thing is if you are happy with it. For grins, when RAFIG is working, you may want to log it for comparison sake.

Otherwise, I would move on to the cracker and follower.

RAFIG and the DYNAIR should be in the ball park of one another. Learning should take care of any difference.

Glad it helped in the mean time anyway
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne
    I tested this also, and as soon as you select that OS all the Idle PIDs change to invalid. I asked Paul about this last night and it appears to be a problem with a lookup file that later OS unfortunately.

This will be corrected in the next update.

In the meantime I would recommend logging GM.DYNAIR and creating a Desired Airflow MAP using that PID to get your Desired Airflow table in line. This is what we used to do before the RAFIG PID, and this works very well also IMO.
    Hey man, i'm still trying to get my idle in line, how would I make that map, i'm still learning everything and am still a little confused with how the maps work?
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Map is attached.
    Desired Airflow - Calc.zip
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

You guys kick ass!!!! So I load that map and then log sittin in the driveway (hot or cold or after driving around a bit when my idle problem starts?) and take the numbers from that and input it into {B4307} table? Basically my idle problem is after drivin the car around a bit when I put it into neutral/park, it starts surgin up real high back to normal, up real high back to normal, so on! Before I got EFILive and was logging with atap, I noticed when it would do that (was still using maf and right now maf is still off for ve tuning and not sure if i'm gonna put it back on or not), that it would dip to a diff fuel trim cell, it would go from ftc 19 to ftc 13, I also noticed something else weird, instead of .4% throttle position, it would show like 1.6%, is it possible my iac valve is sticking or something? Cuz it usually starts after I get on the car, if I don't get on it past 1/2 throttle it'll be fine.
    Last edited by Loudmouth LS1; January 10th, 2007 at 03:38 PM.
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Leave you car to get nice and cold then record the log from cold start to max operating temp (stationary) and then apply the values to the Desired Airflow table.

For the TPS.. Have you moved the TB set screw? If so you will need to do a TPS reset.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Leave you car to get nice and cold then record the log from cold start to max operating temp (stationary) and then apply the values to the Desired Airflow table.

For the TPS.. Have you moved the TB set screw? If so you will need to do a TPS reset.
    Thanks dude, i'll do that tomorrow when I get home from work, as for the TB set screw, yes it's been moved and yes it's been reset. I've always seemed to have this nagging problem of the idle bein good except after I drive the car around a bit and go over like 1/2 throttle, then it will idle up a slight bit while in gear, and when put in neutral/park it starts surging like crazy. I first thought it was the throttle blade sticking open from vacuum or something, but I have a return spring on it and it still does it, so dunno if it's in the tune or a bad iac valve or what, kind of gettin burnt out tryin to fix it, cuz nothing has been working! But I will do the logging with that map tomorrow, make the changes and see if it fixes it, that would be totally awesome if it did!!!

Just wanna make sure, I am doin the tps reset correct, right, key on, unplug tps, key off, wait 10 seconds, plug back in, key on? Think that's how I do it.
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast