Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow, i've got a lot of tuning to do!!!!

Default Wow, i've got a lot of tuning to do!!!!

I flashed in the '02 OS and put the SD for autove tune in the car and went to drive home from my fiancee's dad's house and the car didn't even wanna idle or run, it was breakin up driving down the road, as soon as I gave it any gas, it went stupid rich, 10's and 11's, and as soon as I let off it pegged lean!!! I had to pull over and throw the regular tune in and reconnect the maf to make it home!! Another thing, i'm throwing a bunch of codes already with the new os.

Anyone know what these are:

P0106 "Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Performance" EPA Pending ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"

P0106 "Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Performance" C ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"

C0245 "EBCM Control Valve Circuit" H ($28) "Traction Control System (TCS) or Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM)"

U1000 "Class 2 Data Link" HC ($60) "Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC)"

I'm assuming the traction control one is cuz I never had traction control or cruise control or any of that in the car, it was a stripper no option car from the factory, has roll up windows and no power locks too, haha. Also, the SES light was flashing instead of goin solid, dunno what that's about, always thought that meant emmissions or misfire (had it happen when I bent pushrods a long time ago on the stock motor). But any help is definately appreciated, thanks!!! Don't know how the hell i'm gonna go and log to get the car dialed in if I can't even get it to run.

Also, for some reason the pid for the calcben for the wideband doesn't work, it's x'd and it won't read, says invalid or something, how do I fix that?
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Right click on the Pid & select more info.

Check your map sensor is installed ok. They just sit at the back of the manifold. Check wiring and seating.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Safe to assume you do not get the MAP code with your original OS/tune in the car?

In your original tune, Double check the MAP sensor thresh hold limits, verify the code(s) for any SES you're getting with new tune are not turned off in the original tune.

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness
    Safe to assume you do not get the MAP code with your original OS/tune in the car?

In your original tune, Double check the MAP sensor thresh hold limits, verify the code(s) for any SES you're getting with new tune are not turned off in the original tune.
    Yeah, definately didn't get it with the original OS. Where do I find the MAP thresh hold limits?
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Lifetime Member

The 2002 has map sensor check that is a little more stringent. Take a look under engine diagnistics and you can modify C3003 that should take of that code
    EFILive - The Single version of the Truth

Larry - HumpinSS

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
    The 2002 has map sensor check that is a little more stringent. Take a look under engine diagnistics and you can modify C3003 that should take of that code
    Yeah, I was lookin at everything this morning and that code was off in my original OS so I shut it off on this one too now, but i'll take a look at the C3003 as well, thanks man!
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

You kinda need to make sure the MAP sensor is working correctly for SD (non-COS5).

Any idea why that code was disabled before?

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness
    You kinda need to make sure the MAP sensor is working correctly for SD (non-COS5).

Any idea why that code was disabled before?
    I have no idea, I never touched it and no one else has ever tuned my car, so it had to have been disabled from the factory in my car, unless I did it and don't remember!

How do I make sure that it is working correctly, everything seems to be working with the map readings and all.
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
    Ok, I just got home from work and started lookin at this stuff, and my original OS doesn't even have C3003 (Predicted MAP Max) , the new one does though and has Predicted MAP Min, so should I modify those tables, or just shut the code? If modify the tables, what do I modify them too?
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast