Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Logging on a 02 LL8 problems

Lifetime Member

Default Logging on a 02 LL8 problems

Hey everyone, I have never been able to get my V1.2 to BB log yet (had it ~10mo and have a V2 cable now). I have followed the tutorial to the "t" numerous times, but no success. When it validates the PIDs, it gives me the correct message (not an error) and then I load PIDs (tried both Dynamic and Fast FPS) with no problems. Plug it in and start driving, hit start and it shows the green "Log" light but when I plug it into my PC again I get nothing. It shows there are PIDs on the cable, but I have never got any data files. The only way I can log is by a laptop (have to borrow one, usually my dad's which is a pain) so if there are any tricks I should know about, or should I just wait until V2 comes out with BB logging and tuning?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Have you tried both scan modes; Dynamic and Fast (10fps)?

Another potential problem on some vehicles is selecting less than 6 channels. Make sure the PID selection you have uses 6 or more channels - preferrably 12 or more.

Lastly, have you run a memory test on the V1 cable successfully?

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    Have you tried both scan modes; Dynamic and Fast (10fps)?
    Yes, I have tried both modes at least 2x each.

Another potential problem on some vehicles is selecting less than 6 channels. Make sure the PID selection you have uses 6 or more channels - preferrably 12 or more.

OK, I bet I am trying to log too many PIDs, I think I have ~20 going but I will try removing some.

Lastly, have you run a memory test on the V1 cable successfully?
    Yes, both memory tests I did on my cable (both old and last week) were fine.

Regards
    Paul
    Thanks for the advice, I will try the ideas out when I get home.
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

also make sure that you give the cable permission to log a reasonable amount of data. You might have the "Max frames per log" set way to low. May the number huge and try again.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me
    also make sure that you give the cable permission to log a reasonable amount of data. You might have the "Max frames per log" set way to low. May the number huge and try again.
    Thanks, I might try that a little later. Right now Im not worried, and am trying to have some fun with my ride instead of always doing something to it!

But, I know V2 will make this easier when standalone comes out, but I will dig out the ol' V1.2 and see if this is the problem.

Just programmed my V1 now and set the frames to log to 30000, something it will never hit. # of logs shows 1 now.
    Last edited by ScarabEpic22; March 24th, 2007 at 01:34 PM.
    ~Erik~

What am I missing?
    I have this exact same problem.
    Works great on the laptop, but will not BB log.
    Tried 0 and 30,000 frames to log.
    Read every post I could find...
    V1, newest version (Not 7.5), '04 LB7

Make sure ALL the PIDs you have selected are valid for the vehicle that you intend to BB log. If any PID is not valid it can cause the BB log to not log any data.

Also, when select the menu option: FlashScan->Program selected PIDs into FlashScan, you must click on the [PIDs] button to program the PIDs into the FlashScan unit, then click [Close].

Clicking on [Validate] will disable BB logging and set up FlashScan for PID validation only.

Regards
    Paul

Thanks, I'll give it another try in the morning.

No change. I have a couple of other things/ideas to try tomorrow.

Two other things to try...

1. Try the memory test - see if the Flash Memory is ok.

2. Then use the [Reset] option to restore to BB logging memory to factory defaults. That puts it into validate PIDs mode - so after doing the RESET, you need to click the [PIDs] button again to get it back to BB logging mode.

Regards
    Paul

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast