Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Logging on a 02 LL8 problems

Still not working.
    Say's it's ready to log.
    But after I do a log, when I go to get it with the laptop there is nothing in the BB.
    Logging does work with the laptop.

Added a sig.
    '04 C2500HD D/A LS EC SB, Chrome Nerf bars, Grandson's "throne", Prodigy, Weatherflector, Breezer, A.R.E. Z w/accordion boot, Bedrug, H2's, Bilsteins, Predator, VR Straps, Bowtie Flag, Mag-Hytec's, SPA Boost/EGT, Katless 4", BigMouth Grille, SD Manifold, SCIII .50 Hot Rod Allison/TTS triple, Airlift Superduty bags, Banks Bighead, Fugly '06 Mirrors, Van Aaken 230, Garvin Wilderness Rack, EFILive

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WanaDmxsub
    Still not working.
    Say's it's ready to log.
    But after I do a log, when I go to get it with the laptop there is nothing in the BB.
    Logging does work with the laptop.
    After you've set up FlashScan to be ready for BB logging - but before you actually attempt to do any BB logging, use the [Dump] button (in the BB logging upload window) to save the memory contents to a file.
    Then attempt to BB log and then dump the contents to a second file.

Please zip and send both files to me at paul@efilive.com

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

E-mail sent.
    '04 C2500HD D/A LS EC SB, Chrome Nerf bars, Grandson's "throne", Prodigy, Weatherflector, Breezer, A.R.E. Z w/accordion boot, Bedrug, H2's, Bilsteins, Predator, VR Straps, Bowtie Flag, Mag-Hytec's, SPA Boost/EGT, Katless 4", BigMouth Grille, SD Manifold, SCIII .50 Hot Rod Allison/TTS triple, Airlift Superduty bags, Banks Bighead, Fugly '06 Mirrors, Van Aaken 230, Garvin Wilderness Rack, EFILive

The FlashScan V1 BB logger can not log more than 24 channels simultaneously on some controllers. The problem is fixed in the FlashScan V2 BB logger.

To log data on your Duramax controller, please reduce the channel count to 24 or less.

Channel count is displayed at the bottom of the PID selection frame.
    Channel count increases by 6 each time the sum of channels of the selected PIDs reaches a multiple of 6.

i.e.
    if you select PIDs that use 1-6 channels between them, the channel count shows as 6.
    if you select PIDs that use 7-12 channels between them, the channel count shows as 12.
    if you select PIDs that use 13-18 channels between them, the channel count shows as 18.
    if you select PIDs that use 19-24 channels between them, the channel count shows as 24.
    if you select PIDs that use 25-30 channels between them, the channel count shows as 30.
    etc...

The PID selection that is currently in your FlashScan BB log memory uses 26 channels - so it shows up as 30 channels used.
    You need to remove either 1 PID of 2 channels, or 2 PIDs of 1 channel to get the channel count back to 24.
    Then re-program FlashScan with the reduced PID selection.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22
    Plug it in and start driving, hit start and it shows the green "Log" light but when I plug it into my PC again I get nothing. It shows there are PIDs on the cable, but I have never got any data files.
    Just for your info, the green LOG light is showing and it looks like it is logging data but the only "data" that is being received by FlashScan is the error message from the PCM saying "you've requested too many channels". The BB logger is programmed to keep retrying on an error until the user presses the stop logging button.

Regards
    Paul

Opps
    Thanks for your time.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    Just for your info, the green LOG light is showing and it looks like it is logging data but the only "data" that is being received by FlashScan is the error message from the PCM saying "you've requested too many channels". The BB logger is programmed to keep retrying on an error until the user presses the stop logging button.

Regards
    Paul
    Thanks, Ive given up on my V1, hasnt come out of the closet since I got my V2. Now that I actually have a laptop with decent battery life I just log with it. Really cant wait till standalone though, but Im patient and I know good things come to those who wait.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

ScarabEpic22
    I appoligize for hijacking your thread.

Blacky
    That didn't work either. 16 channels for a count of 24.

Lifetime Member

Hey man, dont worry about it. Ive just given up hope of making it work, Im actually glad someone has more desire to get it to work. It was driving me nuts, so I said forget it.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast