Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Logging on a 02 LL8 problems

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WanaDmxsub
    Blacky
    That didn't work either. 16 channels for a count of 24.
    Hmm, right now I'm out of ideas. I will see if I can come up with anything else useful.

Maybe try logging on an LS1, if you have access to one. That will tell whether the unit is faulty or if some incompatibility has crept into the software for duramax and other non-LS1 controllers.

Obviously you'd need to program a different set of LS1 PIDs.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    Just for your info, the green LOG light is showing and it looks like it is logging data but the only "data" that is being received by FlashScan is the error message from the PCM saying "you've requested too many channels". The BB logger is programmed to keep retrying on an error until the user presses the stop logging button.

Regards
    Paul
    Is there a way that I could see that or other messages being sent back from the PCM.
    '04 C2500HD D/A LS EC SB, Chrome Nerf bars, Grandson's "throne", Prodigy, Weatherflector, Breezer, A.R.E. Z w/accordion boot, Bedrug, H2's, Bilsteins, Predator, VR Straps, Bowtie Flag, Mag-Hytec's, SPA Boost/EGT, Katless 4", BigMouth Grille, SD Manifold, SCIII .50 Hot Rod Allison/TTS triple, Airlift Superduty bags, Banks Bighead, Fugly '06 Mirrors, Van Aaken 230, Garvin Wilderness Rack, EFILive

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WanaDmxsub
    Is there a way that I could see that or other messages being sent back from the PCM.
    No, because there is no display on FlashScan V1, so there is no obvious way to alert the user to an error condition. (V2 will change that with its ability to display messages on its built in screen).

One way to tell if the logging is working is to watch the MEM LED which will illuminate as soon as the first frame of data is saved into the BB memory. If it illuminates then data is getting saved. If it does not illuminate then only errors are being returned.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123