Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caught in the middle between V1 and V2

Default Caught in the middle between V1 and V2

Guys, some advice please, as I feel I am caught in the middle between V1 and V2.

Right now, I have used one license on my V1 cable and love the stand alone logging.

Recently bought V2, but have not transfered anything over yet.

I would wait until stand alone logging is released, but I need to get my V2 going for an upcoming Dyno day that I want to have my LBZ tuned for when i show up. Problem is (as I understand it), once I set up the V2, I won't be able to use the V1 to log anymore.

I'm not so concerned about the flashing - don't mind using the pass through for that.

Any thoughts, suggestions ?

Could I just not transfer my licenses from V1 and still log those while using my V2 for log and flash on the V2 ? If so, could I then transfer my V1 licenses at a later date ?

Thanks in advance for any advice !

So the LBZ will only work on the V2 (as you probably already know).

Once you have upgraded your V1 to V2 and transfered any licenses etc. you will not able able to add additional PCM licenses to the V1 cable. You will still be able to tune/scan vehicles that the V1 cable was already licensed to.

So as I see it you should be able to have the best of both worlds
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne
    So the LBZ will only work on the V2 (as you probably already know).

Once you have upgraded your V1 to V2 and transfered any licenses etc. you will not able able to add additional PCM licenses to the V1 cable. You will still be able to tune/scan vehicles that the V1 cable was already licensed to.

So as I see it you should be able to have the best of both worlds
    Really ? That's freaking perfect !

But of course
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Oh, I was under the impression that if a licence was transferred from V1, then it would not be available on V1 anymore...
    so, is my impression wrong...?

As I understand it the VIN licenses in the V1 will still allow scan/tune of the PCM ID's in the cable, but that no more licenses can be added to the V1 cable after the upgrade. I'll double check with Paul, but pretty sure this is the way it is...
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I got your back Tordne - I have the same impression but haven't tried the transfer yet to prove it out.

Confirmed. The FlashScan V1 interface can still be used to scan/tune from vehicles that had already be licensed to that interface. Unused slots are obviously transfered to the V2 and not further licenses can be issued to the upgraded V1 interface.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Interesting, I thought that if you transferred licenses over from V1 to V2 that your V1 could only BB log and scan not tune anymore. I transferred both the used PCM license and the 1 unused one from my V1 to my V2 cable, I will try to flash again with my V1 cable soon and see if it works.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

And, can I still use the V1 to scan and tune the one vehicle I have on it, even if I transfer that vehicles license to the V2 ? At some point I would like to use the V2 standalone features - but as I explained above, those are not available now and that is why I want to use both cables - for different purposes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast