Thread: Different model CAL into a different PCM

Default Different model CAL into a different PCM

Hello,

I have been playing to EFIlive for a bit. I am going to tune a friends car. He has a 2002 LS1(12212156.cal). We recently got a 2004 LS6. I am wondering if I am upload a 2002 z06 file (12221588.cal) into his PCM with a problem. I searched and found out that the 2004 PCM uses a bigger flash, so I thought a 2002 file would work.

I tried for the life of me to find a import/export for the maps, but nothing.

The 2004 vehicle will most likely be a 1Mb PCM, where as your's is 512Kb so they are not compatible.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

If push come to shove, you could probably open both tunes and do a manual table by table comparison. But, as Tordne mentioned, the PCM platforms are completely different and the tunes not directly compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne
    The 2004 vehicle will most likely be a 1Mb PCM, where as your's is 512Kb so they are not compatible.
    Yeah, thats what I was thinking. I read where blacky (I think) explain the main difference in the two PCMs is the code data.

If push come to shove, you could probably open both tunes and do a manual table by table comparison. But, as Tordne mentioned, the PCM platforms are completely different and the tunes not directly compatible.
    I think the 2002 z06 cal (12221588.cal) should work. The only thing I wonder is if the small differences (drive by wire, other small things) make the CAL different in a way it will not work or worse, burn something up :p

Thanks for the help, If I have to manual convert it, I will post in on the crazy holden.