Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth RR at last

Default Bluetooth RR at last

After days of trying to get the bluesoleil bluetooth supplied wih my RR to work with any type of consistent useability, posts on this forum, and E-Mails to Craig, I finally gave up and went and purchased a new belkin bluetooth dongle. Well bugger me if it didn't fix my problems, not quite as fast as a direct USB connection but 38 seconds for a full write, 24 seconds for a full read and 7.3 seconds for a calibration only write, I have only one thing to say .
    It's all good until it goes "Bang"

COOL!!!

I'm looking at picking up my RR in mid February.

Interesting... The Bluetooth is basically 1/2 the speed of direct connect USB. I would not have expected that big of a difference
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Maybe the difference is due to a limitation in the RR settings in Flashscan, under the RR tab in properties there is a block size setting, each block size is equal to 256 bytes, 1=256 bytes / 16= 4096 bytes , 16 being the maximum allowed setting, the new bluetooth adapter will let me run at 16/4096 bytes, the old bluesoleil that I was struggling with had to be set on 2/512 bytes to 4/1024 bytes, you could sneak it up to 6/1536 bytes but only with a full moon, fingers crossed & and your tongue in the right position. At these settings it bassically was no better than flashing through the OBDII port,maybe even slower on some occassons. It was also very tempermental about connecting & writing as well. If you had to you could live with it, after all you really don't need to flash much with RR, rather use the emulation, the problem is it would not read from the RR at all no matter what block size I used, anywhere from 1 to 16, all reading attempts failed and I would recieve an error,it would not even do a callibration compare, same error. That I could not live with, so half as fast as USB is definately a lot faster than not at all.

I love the wireless concept but, I have actually gotten pretty good at R/R the RR in a Fbody. And in the Silverado, I have my blind three headed manatee r/r it. All of your woes have extinguished my need for blue tooth as I think the effort (for me) could be better spent on drinking beer.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Do not feel bad for me as plenty of beer was consumed over this exhaust and dehydrating experience. I think I have forgotten half of it. If the holden's weren't such a PITA to get to the PCM (They are located in the engine bay under the coolant bottle in a protective plastic case covered by a heatshield, thats if you dont have to pull the airbox out as well) + running a USB cable from the engine bay is also a PITA in my opinion, that was my reason for going for the bluetooth. After all of this I am thinking of mailing Craig and ask the viability of putting a USB header onto the bluetooth box so if any problems do occur you can just plug into there instead of having to dig into the bowels of your engine bay just for a cable swap.

It's all in the technique, 5mins TOPS to swap one over in a Holden.
    Oh, on second thoughts, I don't remember what the factory airbox does for restrictions?

Cheers,
    Ross
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04496.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	1215  
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

It takes me more than 5 mins to think about it, 40 seconds to the fridge, 1.4 seconds to twist the top, .5 seconds to decide to do it tomorrow

Airbox is fine. Its not in the way IIRC.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast