Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weekly update April 29th and May 6th?

emarkay - wow. I had no idea about any of this. I guess (to my own detriment) that I sometimes tend to fumble along a bit thinking life (and these products) are a little less connected than they actually are. In some ways, I guess I also came to the scanning/tuning scene a bit too late to get a feel for all of the history, as well.

At this point, I can only assume you're talking about LS1-Edit and/or the HP tuners guys. I would think they may be more alike than different, especially considering how close the UI is on both programs. HPTuner's software looks like a 'finished' version of LS1-Edit.

Regardless - I'm hanging here. Paul has been very good to me and offered me great help and assistance when I was working on my trace analyzer program (that I've since stopped development on - EFILive is quickly getting the featureset I was originally after) and I figure it's best to support someone who is doing it better than anyone else, anyways.

Well, I'm sure I'm speaking for everyone in that we are anxiously awaiting the beta program. Thanks for the 'update'. It was pretty cool reading if for nothing else than the context. I can see why you guys work so hard on the software - it definitely sets you apart from the crowd.

Code on.
    Whitney Roberts

Lifetime Member

Exactly... one should sponsor those who have greater potential in developing something good for the community and those who are not ARROGANT and deceiptful.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Yeah, looking back, probably in January we should have put the call out to you guys to help us out with mapping, the reprogramming code, hardware design etc, that sure would have got things to market quickly, but then would have you paid $10K for it once it was 'secretly' finished behind your backs and you got NOTHING in return??.
    :evil:

I am not one to toss poop and/or spread gossip, but I have been a bit perturbed that us "nice guys" have not had this issue mentioned "in the public domain" - I won't be whining about this on other boards, or point the accusatory finger at the perps, but I decided (on my own, BTW) to make this casual reference regarding this pathetic situation, to those that may find that "INTEGRITY" is something worth waiting for.

MRK

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by jfpilla
    "Nothing "technically" "wrong" was done, but to those that assisted in creating this product, it's a pretty ignorant slap in the face."

Maybe not legally, but wrong and is a blackeye for open sourcing. The sad thing is that most are not aware and think they are great guys.
    Some of us stumbled across this in our search for tuning answers. Quite a shock .....and very sad.
    It's made me be more suspicious of the....bumps in the night.

I see calibration thiefs in the night! :lol:
    joel

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Ok, I think it's time to wrap this up. I know a lot of people have a lot to say, but here (in public) is not the appropriate forum.

Regards
    Paul

You are right Paul, just search some of the LS1 and 3800 V6 forums.

Agreed. Thread closed.

MRK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12