Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My tune is just hosed

Default My tune is just hosed

hello all

I still need some knowledge.

I've been working with autove maybe you guys can tell me what i'm doing wrong. My idle afr is about 12 with iac steps at 130. When i adjust my ve with the auto ve the car runs like a$$. Or when I adjust the ve and have a good idle AFR 14 and 74 IAC steps, but i hit the gas and the acts like it just fell on its face.

please tell me if this is wrong, a lower number in the VE table give me a better idle but a crap accel. high number in ve gives be good accel but crap idle.

Anythoughts?

Gary

Can you list the mods to your vehicle?

You might need to revisit the AutoVE tutorial and make a smaller global adjustment for the first drive.

ls1 hot cam with spring and rockers, holley 90mm, ls6 intack mod to 90, slp long tube, cat's removed, magnaflow cat back exhaust, stock heads with port and polish, k&N cold air, NGK plugs, that about it for the engine, i have enclosed the current tune of the car. Please feel free to tell me where I am messed up.

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files

also all egr stuff removed

I'm not quite sure where you got your VE table from to start with. It looks like it started with a 99 or 00. I would start over with the AutoVE tutorial and instead of adding 15%, at 5-7% to the whole VE table.

The first drive will not be perfect by any means. After you make your first corrections to the VE table, you should notice a huge improvement in drivability.

i'l give it a try tomorrow takes, the tune on the was first from thunder racing, i did a mail off pcm thing prior to getting efi live (bad move on my part).

gotcha. Was the mail oder tune supposed to compensate for all the mods you listed above? If so, I would skip the add XX% step to the VE table and go from there.

Be carefull when you correct your VE with your fuel/pe you will be lean. Looks a little more like a ve table for a low boost car.

Well I gave it a try again today. With little progress. When I do the autoVe in lowers many of my cells which great for idle AFR but no power at all. I'm just thinking out loud here. But with a lower AFR that should mean I have low air flow right? And a higher the VE number the more that flows right? So why high ve number at idle lower AFR.

The mail off tune was cam, but not throtlte body and P&P.

As far as a low boost VE thnaks, I'll save that VE for if I get the STS Turbo kit.

Thanks for all your guys help.

Gary

I'm not sure I'm following you. Can you post a current tune and coresponding log?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast