Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Real-Time Automated Calibration System (RTACS)

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
    Timing,timing timing!!! How do we utilize the RTACS to dial in the timing!

The power is in the timing!!!!!!

Howard
    Is somebody working with one or multiple Dyno manufacturers to provide some sort of standard 0-5V output that can be calibrated (0V = 0 TQ and 5V = 1000 TQ)? If so, that would be great. Otherwise, how is the TQ value from the Dyno going to be input into EFILive? I don't see a PID solving this problem unless your plan is to rely on something like Power at the Wheels (calculated), Delivered Torque, or Delivered Engine Torque.

I would want to know much more about these parameters before basing my spark table off of them (if something like that is the idea):
    - how they are determined/calculated
    - how modifications affect them
    - whether or not they match up to actual dyno output either in actual value (not in my experience) or in general trends (somewhat)
    - whether or not they actually peak where cylinder pressure actually peaks
    - how sensitive the parameters are vs how sensitive the true torque curve is (there have been some interesting studies done on MBT, TQ curves, etc over the past couple of years; I spent a week at MIT last summer at an IC Engine course)
    - etc.

Howard is right though. A/F is not much of challenge nor are its results nearly as rewarding (with regard to power) as timing.

I think they will able to transmit torque/power in digital form thru the serial port on the V2.

Quote Originally Posted by redhardsupra
    well, only when people in this country learn what inertia dyno is and what it really measures. dynojets and mustangs are precise enough to measure an earthquake, not single misfires and changes in power made by 1* spark adjustments.
    Note I said "road" dyno - as in the asphalt !

Quote Originally Posted by joecar
    I think they will able to transmit torque/power in digital form thru the serial port on the V2.
    Not saying it can't be done. Just wondering how. If it is going to come from the dyno, anybody know which ones we're talking about? I visited just about all of the dyno manufacturers at PRI, and I have used several different dynos both chasis and engine. I can't recall any that have the TQ value as an A/D output available in real time. I am going to check with Superflow tomorrow. They have one of the best software packages (IMO). Their software allows users to build 'custom' tests that can be applied/run. I have never tried (or looked) to see if it could provide TQ as an output. That would be cool. It would be fairly easy to write a couple scripts that would help one run through the spark tables.

If the dyno can "print" TQ/HP as "text" on it's serial output, Paul can program the V2 to parse it's serial input stream.

Some support serial output now... apparently.
    Ive asked which ones too. Ill ask my local dyno bod.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Serial output (or CAN) is how it will be captured.
    The serial port on V2 was put there just for this purpose (and the old OBD-I comms).
    Just need everyone to play ball with us now

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    Serial output (or CAN) is how it will be captured.
    The serial port on V2 was put there just for this purpose (and the old OBD-I comms).
    Just need everyone to play ball with us now

Cheers,
    Ross
    Do any of them of them output the value real time through a serial port currently? I realize we have the ability to print the dyno data, but that is after the fact (i.e. after the data has been captured). Would be nice, or I hope they do decide to play ball.

If I understand this correctly, this will basically make AutoVE obsolete...But we will need to buy RoadRunner and an EFILive License, correct?

Lonnie
    2002 EB Coupe, MN6
    Xtreme TTi Twins @8psi, Dual A-pilar gauges - fuel&boost, x-pipe, Borla Straight Twin Oval from Cats on back, Hurst Short Throw, CCW 3 piece rims - 18x9.5/275-35 and 18x11.5/335-30 Pilot Sports

Drive it like you stole it!!!!!

I would not call AutoVE "obsolete" since the process now promisses to be really "Automated" with the new realtime feedback loop. In order to take advantage of this cool new feature you will need a Licesened RR. Think of this as the difference btw driving a stick and an automatic. In this case you still get the awesome performance of EFI Live only now it can "Shift" for you.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast