Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Real-Time Automated Calibration System (RTACS)

Very clear. Any news to report on progress twds release?

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

It looking very good. We are working through one issue currently. Paul has changed some code and that is expected to be released to the closed Beta group in the next few days.

Once we are satisfied that this issue is resolved it should be good for public release. That is obviously solely up to Paul/Ross
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Question

Quote Originally Posted by superls1
    Is somebody working with one or multiple Dyno manufacturers to provide some sort of standard 0-5V output that can be calibrated (0V = 0 TQ and 5V = 1000 TQ)? If so, that would be great. Otherwise, how is the TQ value from the Dyno going to be input into EFILive? I don't see a PID solving this problem unless your plan is to rely on something like Power at the Wheels (calculated), Delivered Torque, or Delivered Engine Torque.
    Along the same lines, is anybody using pressure sensors in their tuning? I get all hot and bothered thinking about the incorporation of that kind of information in a closed control loop. (I'm an adaptive systems guy in real life.) I know that's a bit spendy (say maybe an order of magnitude beyond a RR setup), but I'm curious how many here might already be using that kind of technology. The folks I've talked too aren't currently involved in any closed loop tuning, but they didn't seem uninterested. I'm always on the lookout for measuring instruments that could be alternatives (or even just augmentations) to dynos. Gas analyzers would be another example.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ToplessTexan
    Gas analyzers would be another example.
    Seems that would be a great method for optimizing a modified system for an emissions test!

When is this coming??? I'm getting a little anxious.
    1969 Camaro, LS3, 4L80E, Dana 60 rear, Air Ride, 19 and 20" wheels, Baer Brakes, and a lot more.
    2008 Charger SRT-8 Super Bee, Exhaust and Cold Air kit (Wife's car)
    2007 Yukon XL Denali, Family Hauler

http://s330.photobucket.com/albums/l...i/69%20Camaro/

Quote Originally Posted by ToplessTexan
    Along the same lines, is anybody using pressure sensors in their tuning? I get all hot and bothered thinking about the incorporation of that kind of information in a closed control loop. (I'm an adaptive systems guy in real life.) I know that's a bit spendy (say maybe an order of magnitude beyond a RR setup), but I'm curious how many here might already be using that kind of technology. The folks I've talked too aren't currently involved in any closed loop tuning, but they didn't seem uninterested. I'm always on the lookout for measuring instruments that could be alternatives (or even just augmentations) to dynos. Gas analyzers would be another example.
    Right now, cylinder pressure analysis equipment is generally expensive. These guys have an affordable dyno setup and a reasonably priced in car setup. Can't wait to get mine.

The next best thing and possibly more likely to occur is ion sensing technology. I had the good fortune to test/play with an ion sensing ignition system last summer. Interesting technology. Maybe you won't even need a dyno to determine peak pressure. I believe the M5 uses some type of ion sensing for spark management.

After seeing this announcement, I did call some of the dyno manufacturers. SuperFlow will provide you access to their software through an API. You can set it up to provide real-time torque as an output. Still not for sure about getting the data into EFILive, but at least there is some potential.

Hi John - Welcome to the forum! Thanks for posting that information - should be helpfull for more than a few of us

John, welcome to the forum. Interesting info...

I would love to know more John about both of these systems. It looks like the way of the future along with the EFILve Roadrunner RTACS system
    Oztrack
    EFILive Tuning Consultant

Worldwide Remote Tuning Service

2006 NSW Super Street Drag Racing Champion

www.oztrack.com.au

Lifetime Member

That ion sensing article with the BMW M5 was pretty interesting, I just finished reading it. Sounds like the future of igition systems, the standard spark plug has to advance (well it has already, but more so like the advances in engine management aka PCM/ECM/TCM and EFILive) sooner or later like the rest of engines.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast