Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade to Commercial Version

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The upgrade to Commercial does not include any PCM licenses and will not change whatever PCM licenses are in the cable.

Regards
    Paul

I know I'm showing my ignorance but...
    What benefits do we actually get by upgrading to the commercial version? In other words how would it benefit me? Why would I want/need the added features?

Quote Originally Posted by warpster
    I know I'm showing my ignorance but...
    What benefits do we actually get by upgrading to the commercial version? In other words how would it benefit me? Why would I want/need the added features?
    Not your fault, we have not adequately advertised or explained the commercial version yet - its still early days.

It is an email upgrade, so once you have ordered it we will send you an activation code via email.
    You then enter the activation code in the "Help->FlashScan License" window on the [Upgrade Cable] tab page.
    It will cost USD $150. The extra features you get with the Commercial version are:

1. Full PCM reflashing, which means you can flash EFILive's custom* operating systems that we will be releasing soon after the Commercial version is available.
    It also means you can upgrade your PCM to a later model's oeprating system. Later models usually have better tuning options.
    2. PCM locking, which means you can lock your tune into a PCM so that no one can read it or write over it.
    3. Electronic Throttle Control calibrations.

Our custom operating systems provide the following extra functionality over a normal GM operating system:

1. Speed density (i.e. MAFless) operation with full adaptive spark/knock control, using dual spark maps.
    2. Valet mode which allows you to calibrate a secondary RPM limit that is switchable via a hidden switch (that you fit). It is useful for when you leave the car with a valet driver to prevent abuse.
    3. 2-bar support for turbo and super charged engines.

Regards
    Paul

hey paul, The valet switch maybe turned into a two step for launches???
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me
    hey paul, The valet switch maybe turned into a two step for launches???
    You're always thinking Jese

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    1. Full PCM reflashing, which means you can flash EFILive's custom* operating systems that we will be releasing soon after the Commercial version is available.
    It also means you can upgrade your PCM to a later model's oeprating system. Later models usually have better tuning options.
    Regards
    Paul
    Hi Paul

I have a 2000 GMC Sierra and have already used one of the slots on my Flashscan cable to program the PCM. If I got the commercial version upgrade and wanted to reflash the PCM to a 2001 calibration will I need to use another spot on my cable to tune that calibration or will the original slot I programmed my truck with still work with the newer year calibration PCM?

Thanks

John

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    Regards
    Paul
    Hi Paul

I have a 2000 GMC Sierra and have already used one of the slots on my Flashscan cable to program the PCM. If I got the commercial version upgrade and wanted to reflash the PCM to a 2001 calibration will I need to use another spot on my cable to tune that calibration or will the original slot I programmed my truck with still work with the newer year calibration PCM?

Thanks

John
    Nope Flashscan locks itself to the PCM id (each PCM has a unique identifier) instead of the VIN. You can pretty much flash to any os/cal you want and go about your business

Lifetime Member

Ok, that is what I was thinking but, wanted to make sure.

Thanks

i read elsewhere on the forum it is possible to toast the pcm what is the likely hood of that considering i have a vu ute..takes 10 mins to read ,wich is slow...i know in the early edit days they recomended using a bench harnes.

If anyone has a computer that is dead, or that efilive cant licence for some reason. I will trade you guys for one that will or fix the one you have. I Dont charge anyone on this site to do that for them. Just cover exact shipping. So Even if for some weird reason you have a battery go dead or something happens to it, ill take care of you guys.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast