Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't increase timing while brake stalling (tune and log attached)

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
    Could it be Burst knock retard(B6212). It is programmed to take 6 degrees of timing out at 2400rpm if it kicks in from a sudden change in cylinder air mass and it looks like you're getting right around 6 degrees taken out.
    There isn't a sudden change of air mass though...

One thing I noticed and posted on PT.net... he's using DYNCYLAIR_DMA as his airmass PID, but his MAF is not disabled. If his VE table does not match up with his MAF calibration, then it's quite possible that his airmass is being incorrectly reported.

GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA is incorrectly shown as the PID for spark reference in the tuning tool. This link here will show a screenshot that proves this. I went back to running a 1 bar MAF for a while but still boosted. As you can see, GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA is flatlined, yet timing follows the change in DYNCYLAIR and CYLAIR_DMA.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dc_justin
    There isn't a sudden change of air mass though...
    Yeah, I saw that so I don't think it is the cause, just throwing it out there.

One thing I noticed and posted on PT.net... he's using DYNCYLAIR_DMA as his airmass PID, but his MAF is not disabled. If his VE table does not match up with his MAF calibration, then it's quite possible that his airmass is being incorrectly reported.

GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA is incorrectly shown as the PID for spark reference in the tuning tool. This link here will show a screenshot that proves this. I went back to running a 1 bar MAF for a while but still boosted. As you can see, GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA is flatlined, yet timing follows the change in DYNCYLAIR and CYLAIR_DMA.
    I remember you mentioning this before. Looking at the link that very well could be his problem because at higher grams/cylinder he is down around 23-25 degrees of timing.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
    Yeah, I saw that so I don't think it is the cause, just throwing it out there.

I remember you mentioning this before. Looking at the link that very well could be his problem because at higher grams/cylinder he is down around 23-25 degrees of timing.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll give that a shot Hopefully it's just referencing the wrong cell.

I never changed my PIDs from when I was in SD mode - just added the MAF PID to it.

BINGO! I changed the airflow PID and I'm actually at .72 g/cyl instead of .64. I changed the timing in the .72/2400 cell and it worked. You guys are awesome, thanks! Oh, and an extra 2* of timing makes a hell of a difference. Still not getting any KR, so I think I can keep adding away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12