Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My tune is just hosed

enclosed is tunes that i used today trying to auto ve, it get worst as I went.

autove 1-18 00001 goes with sdautve
    autove 1-18 00002 goes with sdautove1-18-01
    which gave me sdautove1-18-02

Hope this make since, by 1-18-02 top speed of car with 70 and getting there it sounded like cheap

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'll give them a look this afternoon (don't have my tuning PC with me today).

Quote Originally Posted by gcross
    Well I gave it a try again today. With little progress. When I do the autoVe in lowers many of my cells which great for idle AFR but no power at all. I'm just thinking out loud here. But with a lower AFR that should mean I have low air flow right? And a higher the VE number the more that flows right? So why high ve number at idle lower AFR.
    Think of the VE as a graphical representation of how efficient the engine operates at given RPM's, temperatures, and MAP's. If you show it in it's raw form, it's (Grams*Kelvin)/kPa. The higher the value, the higher the airflow and therefore, the more fuel that will be required. Higher AFR's equal leaner conditions or scenarios where the VE isn't high enough. Lower AFR's equal richer conditions or scenarios where the VE is too high. You want the VE to accurately represent the values required to achieve the AFR seen in your B3601 cell (typically 14.6~14.7). After that, the PCM will command values using that as a base. If you're in open loop and commanding a rich 12.0:1, the PCM will use the VE as a starting point and then add in the additional fuel required on it's own.

Now if you're experiencing power issues with leaner AFR's, the problem may be more associated with timing. What have you done to your timing tables? Did you at least copy the high octane to the low?

Gary,

Your diagnosis "My tune is hosed" is exactly correct (sorry to say)...

Your B3605 OLFA table shows EQ 0.85 and 0.88 (which is Lambda 1.17 and 1.13)...

In the tune tool, go Edit->Properties->Commanded Fuel Values->Display In and set this to EQ; click OK and exit the tune tool.

throw away all your AutoVE attempts and start over from the beginning (use your initial starting tune)...

it should work this time...

Cheers
    Joe

im not following as well,

the higher the number, the more fuel is calcualted to be entering the cylinders.

the lower the number less fuel.

how big is the camsaft, u should be able to get the car in closed loope at idle.

Is it me or does the high end of the ve table look extreamly high, shouldnt really go over 100%

also considering your just starting to tune this car, why not go a cos3 or 5 at least and have dual spark tables.

cos 5 will give u a throttle map as well.

suggestion...

go to http://www.holdencrazy.com/EFILive/modifiedTunes.php

and have a look through some of these.

or even go back to a standard tune, and start from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar
    Gary,

Your diagnosis "My tune is hosed" is exactly correct (sorry to say)...

Your B3605 OLFA table shows EQ 0.85 and 0.88 (which is Lambda 1.17 and 1.13)...

In the tune tool, go Edit->Properties->Commanded Fuel Values->Display In and set this to EQ; click OK and exit the tune tool.

throw away all your AutoVE attempts and start over from the beginning (use your initial starting tune)...

it should work this time...

Cheers
    Joe
    Yeah...make sure you know what your using (EQ vs Lamba) when looking at your fueling tables. Personally, I like to tell the software to show AFR. That way, it figures out the right values that need to go into the tune and I don't have to worry about whether or not an EQ of 1.17 equals an AFR of 12.5. If you do keep EQ or Lambda as your display values, it's very important that you pay attention to which one you use....and use it consistently.

Remember:

EQ=(Stoich/AFR) or (1/Lambda)
    Lambda=(AFR/Stoich) or (1/EQ)

Yer, try to avoid Lambda as it can cause too much confusion.

Thanks to all I'll give it a shot

Thanks Joe the turn is working out great, also thanks to everybody else that helped out. All you guys have been a big help. EFI live is starting to all come to me now. Next I think I'll try a custom OS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast