Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RR w/ BT

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by limited cv8r
    i have had trouble retrieving tunes from RR. Often they are retrieved and I get a message "BadFileFormat", mail to efilive support. This happens if you do a fresh connect to RR and try to read, if you write a tune into RR then read it back out this does not happen.
    Using bluetooth or USB , never been able to get a read when using bluetooth and if I use USB with the laptop on battery power it corrupts everytime leaving the car stranded.

just been having another play with RR bluetooth (still a pain to connect sometimes, but I think thats software issues) by accident I worked out that I need to turn on emulation before trying to do a read of RR. Seems to work sucessfully every time if I do this, if emulation is not on I get the "badBinFile" error message & the car will not start.
    It's all good until it goes "Bang"

I'll send a message to Paul to get him to check the Bluetooth. I'm not sure if he uses one though.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Don't think Paul has the Bluetooth...
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Guess you better pay him a visit through the week , though, I think Robin at Torque Performance has one too Paul could borrow.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

These are the three main errors that I recieve:
    1:/ can't set vendor to 1 - usually get this when trying to connect to RR
    2:/ Bad bin file format - get this if I download tune from RR after connecting/ car will also not start after this unless you load a tune from file into Flashscan and do a full write back to RR
    3:/ operating system not compatible - This usually happens also after the Bad bin file read if you load a tune from file to flashscan and try to do a calibration only write, this requires you to do a full write to the RR otherwise car disabled (looking at the error message gives me the impression that the ram in RR is erased or something similar)
    Here are some screenshots of those errors + the save Badbinfile.tun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RR vendor error.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	223.1 KB 
ID:	1258   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RR BadFileFormat.tun error.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	233.4 KB 
ID:	1259   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RR not compatible error.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	232.0 KB 
ID:	1260  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    It's all good until it goes "Bang"

It's taken me a while to get back around to it, but I finally had the chance to do a side by side USB vs BT.

USB is fast! Bluetooth - I still don't know. I think there is still some tweaking on the BT end I need to do before it will properly connect. As it stands, using BT, I can connect, via radio button in the RR control panel, to the RR, but can't do anything beyond that. Free time is still a bit scarce, but I will post up my results when I get them.

BTW, the RR is bad ass! I'm so very glad I didn't go with the tinkertoy alternatives

I think I need to get this Bluetooth thing just so I know how it works...
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12