Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VE Table - Interpolation SpreadSheet

Default VE Table - Interpolation SpreadSheet

First of all I'll start by saying that this is something that Chad (Black02SS) and I did some time ago. He keeps losing it so I'll take credit for putting it somewhere useful

You all will have likely seen your VE Table taking on an erratic look after applying a few AutoVE BEN cycles. The principle behind this tool is that is will balance/interpolate the BEN factors from the BEN Map ad average each cell based on the factors in the surrounding cells. This is what the PCM does internally.

The outcome is a VE table that is smoother in appearance, and with less violent transitions between cells in theory should be smoother as well.

I've tried to use some real data to give you an example. This is not as drastic as I've seen them - most of the logs I have the BEN data is good

Anyway, this is a VE Table with the BEN data applied directly from the Scan Tool Map:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Normal.jpg 
Views:	1775 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	1251

This is the save VE Table with the data copied from the Scan Tool Map and into the Spreadsheet, then copied and applied with the interpolated results:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Using Sheet.jpg 
Views:	1206 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	1252

As you can see there is a bit of a difference...

I use this all the time, and I've tried it on a few people on this forum as well. I swear by it!

You'll develop your own techniques for using it, and I'm expecting some questions... Personally I will often take the copy and fill data, then eyeball it and hand change some out there values if they occur, or pump up areas i know need more. The end result is much smoother transitions though.

Enjoy, and I'm keen to hear feedback.

Last of all here is the sheet

Interpolation Spreadsheet

Fixed Link (from post #31 below): Interpolation Spreadsheet

Cheers,
    Last edited by joecar; March 23rd, 2014 at 01:49 PM. Reason: fixed link
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Looks like it works well, but is there a chance I could modify it to work with the multiple VE tables in the LL8 (Low RPM and High RPM)? Right now when I paste the data in it is all messed up as the rpm and tps points are completely different in the LL8 tunes.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Modify as you like. I haven't seen an LL8 table(s) so I don't know it's dimensions. The purpose of the post is more to show you a technique and a tool that I think works really well.

Because the labels in the spreadsheet are just that they don't really have to be the same as the rows in the actual tune file - if you know what I mean. The spreadsheet will perform the interpolation math on any number you paste into it.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

They are a lot different, and use lots of decimals (think 42.6 tps, etc). The RPM side is in different increments too, I guess on Monday I will have to play with the table a little to get it to fit the LL8 parameters.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Doesn't look that hard to update, if I get time I might add boost VE into that spreadsheet

This looks very cool. Have not used it yet, but if it can save the hand smoothing it is spectacular!

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Quote Originally Posted by jsttry
    Doesn't look that hard to update, if I get time I might add boost VE into that spreadsheet
    Good point... I added the extra row/column to allow for the OS5 TPS VE, but not boost. I might add that and then just update the file on my server.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

OK I's only been up for a few hours.. But based on your suggestion jsttry I've made a major update already

I've added Tabs to the sheet for the B0101 Main VE Table, A0007 TPS VE Table and A0009 Boost VE Table.

If there are any other suggestions please let me know. I'd ideally like to make amendments to this centrally so that it can be easily shared with everyone.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Andrew, good job.

Looks good .
    Can you do the same thing in O.O.org ?(Open Office Org)
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast