Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VE Table - Interpolation SpreadSheet

Quick ?, I was playin with this a little earlier, do you just copy ur entire ve table and paste it into the spreadsheet and then copy and paste the new numbers over ur ve table? Cuz i'm not done with my autove tuning yet and figured after i'm done i'd just do that.
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Quote Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
    Quick ?, I was playin with this a little earlier, do you just copy ur entire ve table and paste it into the spreadsheet and then copy and paste the new numbers over ur ve table? Cuz i'm not done with my autove tuning yet and figured after i'm done i'd just do that.
    You take the values from the BEN Map in the Scan Tool. Then apply the interpolated factors as a multiplier (as you should normally) to the appropriate VE Table.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by tunedbyGM
    Looks good .
    Can you do the same thing in O.O.org ?(Open Office Org)
    I haven't tested it, but a lot of the functions are the same in OO. It may just work anyway...
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne
    You take the values from the BEN Map in the Scan Tool. Then apply the interpolated factors as a multiplier (as you should normally) to the appropriate VE Table.
    So do you have to start back over with a stock ve table and redo it using this along the way, or will it smooth it out without doin that and just apply it on the next log? Also, between efilive and excel, will it still put everything in it's correct column when you copy and paste?
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

You control where the copy and past is applied to with the mouse . Can't use paste with labels options :sad:.

The process works best when you start with a relatively smooth VE. Often times I'll take the stock VE table and apply a couple of 65 weighted smooths to it to start with. Then increase by a few % for safety, then start this process.

See how you go with the existing VE you have.

The thread and tool was really posted so you all could have a play and see what you think. We all have our own little ways of doing the same things
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

1. Get your BEN's and copy them all.
    2. Paste those BEN's into the first array.
    3. Copy the second array and paste-multiply into your VE table.

Got it, looking forward to using it weather permiting early Feb.
    1999 C5 A-4 Convertible
    1 of 245 Nassua Blue 99 Vert's, Blackwing, LS6 Intake, 42 # Injectors, Two Stage Nitrous System- Dry and a Wet Plate, EFI Live Scan/Tune V2, 1999 PCM with 2002 COS 5 OS Custom Nitrous Panel.

Maine USA

Lifetime Member

Question, it looks like you LS1 guys have only 1 Main VE table, but I have 2 main ones. Low RPM VE and High RPM VE (and Idle VE and Low RPM VE Double Fire).

How would I go about changing the spreadsheet to get this to work, or does it really matter what TPS and RPM values go in?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Excellent job, thanks.
    2004 Monaro CV8 - 80mm BBK throttle body - 42lb Injectors - 1.8 Rockers - CAPA Long-Tube Headers- SLP Exhaust - Vortech Centrifugal S/C @ 7PSI- CAPA Intercooler - Bilstein Shocks - Wilwood 6-Pot/4-Pot Brakes - TyreWatch Monitoring - LC-1 Wideband - KAAZ Diff - Racelogic - 480RWHP

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22
    Question, it looks like you LS1 guys have only 1 Main VE table, but I have 2 main ones. Low RPM VE and High RPM VE (and Idle VE and Low RPM VE Double Fire).

How would I go about changing the spreadsheet to get this to work, or does it really matter what TPS and RPM values go in?
    DOH! You are correct it doesn't really matter about the row/column labels, the spreadsheet just performs calculations on the surrounding cells.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast