Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: 5 Position Switchable Tune .. Will this ever be available for LBZ???

maybe it's written in lattin I would love to have efi live the switch would make me shell out the dollar for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky8370 View Post
    In layman's terms, you are saying they make you chase decoys, right?
    Come on, we all ready took care of those germans once. Like I said, how hard can it be?
    Easy does it! We have some great German customers, there's plenty of neat things that have come out of Germany too, the EDC16 ECM is one of them, the Trabant is not.

It's hard to explain the difficulties to someone who has never tried to reverse engineer code, it's just the way the Bosch code is compiled makes it very tough to trace through and figure out certain routines. The communications routines are very obscure, this is where the main problem is.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

So I was going down the road when this LMM pulls up next to me with a couple of Banks stickers on the side. I remember that I have my stock tune on just because I like driving with it. So the light turns green and we go moderately, sort of sizing each other up. Then we get to the next light and I pull behind him. The light turns green and the punches it black smoke goes everywhere and I try keeping up but he pulls away...All the time wishing I had a DSP...
    I tell you that story to ask you this question, and since no one has posted in this thread since Feb...any progress?
    07 El Bee Zee
    Little faster than stock...

negative.......................................... ...................
    2006 2500HD CCLB 4x4 LBZ D-max
    EFI LIVE!!!!!!!

A Banks blowing black smoke.......I thought Banks wouldnt blow smoke?????? Thats the reason Im glad I got my tranny built cause I run a big tune all the time except for towing.
    Last edited by jtaylor111; May 2nd, 2009 at 05:40 PM.
    2008 GMC Sierra 3500
    46" Michelin XL
    2.5 Rockwells, 4 link and Coilovers

Just let your right foot be the switch.....
    EFI LIVE!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ColbyColorado04 View Post
    Just let your right foot be the switch.....
    Unfortuneately, my right foot is and on/off switch and it usually gets stuck in the on position!
    '07 LBZ Classic, BW S464 Turbo, EGR deleted, 3" IC piping, Trans-go, ATS 5-star converter, stock clutches

x2 on the stuck position...........I try to run a smaller tune...But even that is a 425RWHP
    EFI LIVE!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jtaylor111 View Post
    A Banks blowing black smoke.......I thought Banks wouldnt blow smoke?????? Thats the reason Im glad I got my tranny built cause I run a big tune all the time except for towing.
    Thats what I thought, there was a lot of smoke...

I think thats what I'm going to have to do again.
    07 El Bee Zee
    Little faster than stock...

Sorry, no positive things to say about it. Yes it's been months on, but I just haven't had the spare time to make this happen.

Remember, this went from a no way, we aren't doing DSP on the Bosch to yes we will look at it, to now it's being worked on.

We are always working on new and exciting things (some of which are ) as well as trying to keep up with GM's updates for all the vehicles we support. On GM's E38 & E67 ECM's (which are very popular) there is over 70 operating systems we support on them, that is over a 3 year vehicle period.

I'm not trying to make feeble excuses as to why the Bosch DSP hasn't happened yet, I'm just saying that the EDC controller is a nightmare to deal with / modify, it's very hard trying to set aside the time to concerntrate on it for weeks on end with no other interruptions to make it happen.
    In comparision, I recently wrote a one off custom OS for the LS1 PCM for LPG, this took half a day!

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast